Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Lagoon Lounge... thanks Pablus!

Pages: 1 3 replies

B

We were in Florida before Christmas and were fortunate enough to have been invited by Pablus and his lovely wahine to visit their Lagoon Lounge. The lounge is a magical place filled with sensory delights. We were graced with the presence of 2/3 of the Haole Kats, and got to meet other fine folks like Hot Lava. There was loads of fantastic tunes, delicious drinks, and yummy food. We had such an amazing time, words can't describe. We shared a drink from their Ohana Hut and really felt the meaning of Ohana. We have been so overwhelmed with the holidays, we wanted to say this sooner... but we'd like to extend a deep and sincere Mahlao!
-Duke and Amy

Oh, and we are looking forward to the Kats hopefully making a trip up our way this spring or summer (kidnap Pablus if you have to!)

Here are a few photos of the mystery that is the Lagoon Lounge:

P
pablus posted on Fri, Jun 1, 2007 6:03 PM

Good grief!
How did I miss this post until June?

Sorry for the delayed response.

Duke and Amy were fantastic guests and we had a great time that night.
I believe the drink in that Ohana Hut was the Reverb Crash.
We're laughing because I only had normal straws and the hut requires long straws.
We tried to take a picture of all of us drinking out of it at once but were bumping heads.

That night was a great time. You folks are welcome anytime at all.

Pablus,

Sweet Lounge! Is your pool indoors? Looks like there's a roof or shade in the dark pic... We have a 900 sqr ft indoor pool room adjacent/opening onto our tiki lounge, Lanai, and yard, hence "Lonesome Lagoon"...

The old vibe of your artifacts has a killer ambiance!

PS
I've been meaning to post that the kids and I DIG your stories.

Mahalo!
ST

P
pablus posted on Sat, Jun 2, 2007 4:01 PM

It's a screen area that I'm hoping gets a tree on it this hurricane season.

Unless my insurance doesn't cover it.
Then I hope it gets sucked out into space by a tornado.

Glad your family likes the stories.
That book they came from is awesome.
I'd love to find the original broadcasts.

Pages: 1 3 replies