Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

my new puppy (has now got a name)

Pages: 1 13 replies

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jan 3, 2007 3:33 PM

Here is the puppy we bought last night, 13 weeks old. He’s a mini foxi cross maltese terrier. I would have liked a medium to large sized dog. Having maltese hair, he should also be hypo-allergenic and not shed too much, which is tops as my girl has hayfever.

He is an extremely sooky dog, but doesn’t seem yappy, which is good. Last night (as expected) he whimpered a heap, but didn’t bark or yelp or anything. Apparently these breeds can be trained fairly easily, so once he’s trained and settled in, should be a good little dog.

Currently no name for the little bloke. Being a sooky little thing, none of the car or tiki names aren’t really appropriate… My girl’s bird was called Cuda (she likes her muscle cars!), THAT was appropriate. The thing was mean as hell, bad attitude in a concentrate. Till he ran away… Yes ran away, he figured out how to open the cage door, and busted out. His wings were freshly clipped, so he would have trotted off through the neighbourhood. More than likely he was lunch for a neighbours cat...

Kustom Kahoona* - Tiki and Hot Rod Art by Hewey*

[ Edited by: hewey 2007-01-04 21:11 ]

D

i dont know what 'sooky" means ~ but DANG your puppy is CUTE!!! i vote to name him Shelby. he just looks like one, plus, thats one of my favorite 'stangs.

F

awwwwwww, how cute! :D

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jan 4, 2007 1:10 AM

On 2007-01-03 19:17, dogbytes wrote:
i dont know what 'sooky" means ~ but DANG your puppy is CUTE!!! i vote to name him Shelby. he just looks like one, plus, thats one of my favorite 'stangs.

sooky = whiney, complains a lot...

K

On 2007-01-04 01:10, hewey wrote:

On 2007-01-03 19:17, dogbytes wrote:

sooky = whiney, complains a lot...

Oh...
like my kids...
now I get it!
cute puppy :D

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jan 4, 2007 6:14 PM

Puppy still needs a name. Most tiki names I think of dont suite, like naming him after a Polynesian god of war, 'cause he's a sook. Suggestions needed! On person suggested mop - :) but the girl didnt like that!

Hewey, That puppy looks like a SPOCK to me! Love those ears!!
I get my puppy in a few days. When he is weaned. I am going to call mine RINGO STARR! I sure hope he isn't sooky!

Eli (or Eli-Eli, who was the male generative force of creation in Hawaii)

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jan 4, 2007 8:13 PM

We are currently minding a bird called Spock! :) Will suggest Eli to "the boss" :)

Kustom Kahoona* - Tiki and Hot Rod Art by Hewey*

[ Edited by: hewey 2007-01-04 20:15 ]

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jan 4, 2007 9:10 PM

Puppy is now Bailey. Not tiki or car related, but its alcohol :)

Hey Hewey! Bailey is a great name! I can't hear Bailey's Irish Cream without a fit of giggles. I had a friend whose husband and I would take turns bringing a bottle of Bailey's everytime we all got together. And we would drink the whole bottle, and make both our spouses grumpy in the process. Honestly, we were like children. And we didn't share, it was OUR BOTTLE!

Oh, the memories!

J

On 2007-01-04 21:10, hewey wrote:
Puppy is now Bailey. Not tiki or car related, but its alcohol :)

I hope you won't be terribly offended if I come visit and decline the offer of Bailey's in my coffee. Eeewww! :wink:

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jan 5, 2007 4:01 PM

Thats funny wenikitiki :) Ill keep that in mind Jen...

Of course he's going to get a tiki hut dog house (Ive got a nice curved A-frame design in my head, but I think it could be a bitch to build), and a "chief's throne" style day lounge thing too :)

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jan 5, 2007 11:35 PM

isnt this a happy face? :D

Pages: 1 13 replies