Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Johnny Sens planter?

Pages: 1 2 replies

Hey everybody, hope you all had a Merry Christmas etc. Anyway, I went to the antique store sown the street and found what appears to be a Johnny Sens designed planter. It is one like our friend in Kokomo, Mississippi makes. Sorry, no pictures, but it is a short, wide tiki with an angry face on one side and an even angier face on the other. The bottom has "Garden Crafters" scratched on it. It is painted yellow and the inside and bottom is white. At first, the white interior made me think it was vintage but I remembered that kokomotikibar&grill makes these exact mugs. Anyone now if this mug is new or old? Either way, it was only $6 so I guess it doesn't matter. Looks great with a plant in it!

[ Edited by: Trader_Rick on 2003-01-07 18:32 ]

Man, there's so much new Tiki ceramics cranked out these days it's hard to stay on top of what old and what's new...I think that one is brandnew...

Who knows how old it is, but it is not a Johnny Sens. It was made from a 1965 Duncan Mold. Discontinued that year. So not many of the molds were made. You got a collector anyway you look at it. I have stopped making mugs for now, may crank some out later. Takes too much time to fulfill orders.

Pages: 1 2 replies