Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Don The Beachcomber Live Album

Pages: 1 20 replies

Found this very interesting record about a week ago...Adomono played some incredible exotic guitar with tons of reverb...Presented by Donn Beach and recorded at Don The Beachcomber's live at the International Market Place, Honolulu, Hawaii. (see Gecko's photos of it's current state....sad.. ) You can actually at times hear the bus trays clanking in the background! The album is shrinkwrapped and the record is mint. Tried to get a detailed enough photo so'sn you all could read the cool liner notes! If you look carefully you can see some of Donn's Tikis in the background...Helluva guy.

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-01-07 21:31 ]

J

I am going to be the first to ask how I can get a CD dub of the album - I'd love to hear it!

:drink:

I'll have to ask around on who would have that capability around here...I'd be glad to do this for you.

Sweet.
Here's something to look out for: My pal Miehana has a 78 album with Hapa Haole slide tunes, from the Hollywood Beachcomber, with the logo on the labels (and signed by Don..or was it Phoebe?)
They also sold Aloha shirts with the logo in the shirt label...

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Jan 8, 2003 12:54 PM

HO! I like get one copy too if possible! U know I love da beach man!

No prob, bro...If you guys wanted a cassette I can do that from album...it's burning a C.D. from vinyl that I don't have the capability of yet. Bigbro, I'll send you one, too if you like. That 78 sounds cherry...does it come in a plain green dustjacket of a full illustrated cover?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... Burning CDs from an analog source is not a problem for me, Kahuna. If you could supply and good, high quality recording on cassette I could burn CDs for several people.

If I'd get a C.D., get my album back promptly and a guarantee that it would be treated like the Hope diamond and armored like an M-1 Ahbrams I would be willing to send you the album Priority Mail and that way you could burn C.D. copies direct from the original and not third generation...E-mail me your adress and I'll mail you back a couple of people's adresses who requested a copy. Fair enough? :)

Consider it done, Dude! It is so you might as well...

Basement Kahuna,

I'll be in Atlanta this weekend and could pick up the album from you and do it. Swanky and I could burn it directly from the album to cd. Your choice. Just thought I'd let you know. I would send it back to you via Priority Mail.

Hey, if you're not doing anything Friday night meet us at Trader Vic's!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2003-01-13 07:14 ]

Traitor...looks like Swanky and Kiliki are gonna pick it up in person and I'd assume they'd burn copies for whoever will send postage and blank C.D. cost. I'll make double sure they get your adress.

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-01-13 11:27 ]

I would like to get a copy too if possible.
Let me know the exchange rate details.
Chongolio

Sounds groovy! In-Person Face-to-Face socializin' is always preferable to risking Warpage.

Anyone that would like a copy just let me know. My personal email is [email protected]

G
GECKO posted on Mon, Jan 13, 2003 2:31 PM

hope my name on da list. just let me know what da price guys. Mahaloz!

I was just thinking ....a scan of the cover could reduce it to C.D. case size.

It could do that, couldn't it? Hmmmmmmmmmmm... Perhaps Scanners were created by the Tiki Gods! Or Bob, perhaps? He's a friend of theirs, isn't he?

Dobbs?

Yeah. I think I've seen pics of him hangin' out with some Tiki God types a time or two. I dunno...

My father found one of the "Adomono night at the beachcomber" albums at the swap meet. He gave it to me today.

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

Oddly I was told not to play anything from that “that spanish guitar record” again, when I once brought it for my saturday gig at a Tikibar here in berlin.

KK

Pages: 1 20 replies