Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

RAPA-NUI tiki art lamps wall sconces!!! on ebay now!!

Pages: 1 7 replies

..here's the first of a pair of matching wall sconces. Made of wood, fabric and yep, you guessed it, an empty pisco moai bottle......i wanted to make something different that required the use of the empty bottle, and since i had 2 on hand, i figured i'd make a pair of sconces.....the bottle is actually removable from the base...it just slides into a custom cut hole and is actually illuminated from the bulb underneath it, not as much as i would have liked it to, but the only other option was to cut the bottom off the bottle and have an extra bulb in the bottle itself. This posed problems on how to cut the glass cleanly and without creating a hazard via cuts from sharp glass.....well, after destroying one bottle during the process i decided against it......anyway, here it is!! the other sconce will be finished shortly...i will be posting the pair on ebay as soon as they are complete...i'll be asking alittle more for these as they took longer to make and have some details.......i'll post the ebay link as soon as they are ready.

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-01-04 19:10 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-01-13 18:34 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Jan 4, 2007 7:15 PM

looks like a tiki this way too

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Jan 4, 2007 7:15 PM

double this trouble

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2007-01-04 19:16 ]

beautiful!

thanks!! these are just about finished.....

C

AHH! Finally a good use for Pisco! 'bout time.....I still haven't found a good use for the liquid inside the bottle :)

WOW, now that's creative, I love it!

Pages: 1 7 replies