Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Don Tiki at Thorstor.com

Pages: 1 9 replies

M
Mo-Eye posted on Fri, Jan 5, 2007 5:30 PM

Aloha!

Just wanted to let you know that we have finally hooked up with Don Tiki and now carry their cds at the Thor Stor and on our website:

http://www.thorstor.com/gifts1.asp?collectionID=40

If you haven't heard them, pick up a cd or 2, you will love them. The best (and only?) local exotica band here on the islands. We also have a new Beachboy Party CD. It is a live concert on Waikiki Beach from 1963. Great music you just don't hear that much anymore.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jan 5, 2007 7:19 PM

On 2007-01-05 17:30, Mo-Eye wrote:
It is a live concert on Waikiki Beach from 1963. Great music you just don't hear that much anymore.

A few years back, me, my girl, and my brother were driving around, waiting for my brothers girl to get off work. Middle of winter, all in Hawaiian shirts, Beachboys up LOUD, all the windows down :) cut some laps till she got off work. Man we got some looks :D :D The main street is usually full of rappa wannabes and fast and the furious wannabes. I highly recommend it!

K
Koolau posted on Sun, Jan 7, 2007 8:38 PM

Forbidden Sounds and Skinny Dip are Exotica must haves - Skinny Dip especially is terrific. The Adulterated CD is dance remixes of songs from the first two albums by apparently well-know club DJs, and is a very different animal. I keep hoping for a fourth album - I ran into Kit Ebersbach a while back and he said they had something in the works, but that was quite some time ago.

M

Fluid Floyd dropped off the cds for us, and he said they are working on a new album as we speak! Also might be a show coming up in Feb. at the Aloha Tower.

K

Whoo-hooo! Let's hope so - I wasn't able to go to the last show at Turtle Bay.

V

On 2007-01-09 00:12, Mo-Eye wrote:
Fluid Floyd dropped off the cds for us, and he said they are working on a new album as we speak! Also might be a show coming up in Feb. at the Aloha Tower.

Aloha all -

Met with Kit (aka Perry Coma) yesterday to do some voice over stuff for the "day job" and he confirmed a Don Tiki concert on the 17th at Aloha Tower starting around 8pm (the start time was a guess). Can't wait!

Oh that sound great! I just discovered Don Tiki, and I'd LOVE to see them Live! I'd totally canoe over for that! Will they do a CD signing in the Thor Store?

G

I am holding off finalizing our trip to Oahu in May-June until I find out when and where Don Tiki are playing. If they won't come to the mainland, then I gotta go there. I need dates!!

K

Well it's starting to look like the rumors were true - from the Aloha Tower Marketplace website for Saturday, February 17:

Don Tiki's Forbidden Love
Events at the Tower
8:00 PM
Take your sweetheart to a fabulous valentine's weekend show on the harbor at Aloha Tower Marketplace.

Presented by HSC and Larceny

$25 advance purchase tickets, $30 at the door.
Tickets can be purchased at http://www.ticketmaster.com or by calling toll free 1-877-750-4400.

21 and over. VIP couple show packages available.

If you missed the show, check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNe0oNlVaUU

Pages: 1 9 replies