Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Real Stone Tiki by Saxotica

Pages: 1 9 replies

S

This is a sandstone Tiki I carved . I'm asking $325 and that INCLUDES FREE SHIPPING in US [not Alaska or Hawaii]. It is 23" tall and would be great outside in a garden or water feature. Thanks for looking! Post here or PM me if you are interested or want more info. Progress shots are in the Carving Tiki Stone Carving Q+A thread.

[ Edited by: saxotica 2007-01-06 19:17 ]

S

Yikes! 100 views and 0 comments. This doesn't bode well for the saxster. I'll consider any offer before he takes up permanent residence in the woods behind my house. I figure about $60-70 on shipping to west coast, a little less elsewhere.

[ Edited by: saxotica 2007-01-11 10:21 ]

I think it's very cool and modernist. Maybe the body could use just one little touch, like arm lines, or crossed hands, to suggest it's not just a head on a stone, to unify the two. I would put it in my yard, stone carvings are quite rare! I am sure many that looked would like to have it, too.

But the main problem here (that I repeatedly notice) seems to be that the majority of Tiki-philes are not financially flush enough to drop 325.- on a Tiki. Not that it is not worth it! But with the current over-availability of Tikis in general (partly because of the cheap Poly-Asian import kind!) quality carvings get left behind, which is unfortunate for the talented sculptors out there. There is a market for the good stuff, but no money, it seems.

S

Much thanks, Sven, for the feedback. As far as "cool and modernist", I have to give props to Paipo. This piece was totally inspired by all the cool stuff he has been making and posting.

T

On 2007-01-11 10:12, bigbrotiki wrote:
I think it's very cool and modernist. Maybe the body could use just one little touch, like arm lines, or crossed hands, to suggest it's not just a head on a stone, to unify the two. I would put it in my yard, stone carvings are quite rare! I am sure many that looked would like to have it, too.

But the main problem here (that I repeatedly notice) seems to be that the majority of Tiki-philes are not financially flush enough to drop 325.- on a Tiki. Not that it is not worth it! But with the current over-availability of Tikis in general (partly because of the cheap Poly-Asian import kind!) quality carvings get left behind, which is unfortunate for the talented sculptors out there. There is a market for the good stuff, but no money, it seems.
Majority not flush to drop three and a quarter .....Eyes beg to differ !!!!!

T

On 2007-01-11 20:07, TikiLaLe wrote:

On 2007-01-11 10:12, bigbrotiki wrote:

Majority not flush to drop three and a quarter .....Eyes beg to differ !!!!!

That's good news! Bet all the carvers out there are thrilled to hear that there is enough big money for big Tikis around! :)

T

Yo BigBro,

$786.00 for Shag stool ......

S

?

[ Edited by: saxotica 2007-01-12 21:29 ]

T

Yo, Sax ... no stool !!!! [private joke]

[ Edited by: TikiLaLe 2007-01-13 06:09 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies