Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

mr. winkle..a tiki god?

Pages: 1 9 replies

Some of you have probably seen Mr. Winkle. The dog that doesn't look real. Every year they have "what is Mr. Winkle?" calendars.

My mom bought it this year, and I was looking thru it and found this page haha...if anything, it's cute and amusing

K
Koolau posted on Sun, Jan 7, 2007 8:14 PM

Well, OK, Mr. Winkle - now there's a cultural reference point that I was unaware of. Maybe someday on Jeopardy! knowing about him will win me a load of cash.

Why is Mr Winkle wearing blue eyeshadow?

It's funny how he's smaller than a coconut monkey...

Seems like cruelty to animals to me. The coconut people are kinda cool though - never seen those before.

M

On 2007-01-07 13:16, hala_kahiki wrote:
...it's cute and amusing

I vote for creepy and disturbing...:o

I haven't thought about Mr. Winkle for years. Thanks for jogging my memory!

On 2007-01-08 00:05, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
Seems like cruelty to animals to me.

I believe the photographer actually rescued Mr. Winkle, and uses him as her prime subject when photographing

On 2007-01-08 05:30, hala_kahiki wrote:

I believe the photographer actually rescued Mr. Winkle, and uses him as her prime subject when photographing

Yeah, that's what all the pimps say.

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Jan 8, 2007 7:32 AM

Weird. Just yesterday we were walking through the mall and suddenly Ms Swanky gasps and stops and goes to the calendar kiosk and I had a slight heart stopping feeling for reasons of a certain business thing and I was relieved to see her pick up this very calendar.

My daughter amused herself with his images a few years ago. I thought it was cute when it was just the dog. All the costumery is just going too far. Like seeing the Creature from the Black Lagoon in a tux and top hat. Does that make him more weird, or just sad?

On 2007-01-08 07:07, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:

On 2007-01-08 05:30, hala_kahiki wrote:

Yeah, that's what all the pimps say.

haha.. here's a CNN article on him http://archives.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/10/11/mrwinkle/index.html it mentions how she found him

On 2007-01-07 21:08, stuff-o-rama wrote:
Why is Mr Winkle wearing blue eyeshadow?

Because he is being a Cafeteria Lady!

Pages: 1 9 replies