Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

HAOLE KATS!!! returns to SoFla 1/19 & 1/20...

Pages: 1 7 replies

HK

If you happen to be in the Ft Lauderdale area, we'll be at The Mai Kai on Friday, January 19th. We'll likely be doing sets for both Happy Hours and a third set after the last dinner show. Come on out and share the Aloha if'n you can. It's looking like we'll be making somewhat regular appearances at The Molokai bar from now on. A weekend every 6 weeks or so - we'll keep everyone posted.

The following night, we make our most triumphant return to the Jetsetter Lounge in Lake Worth. We'll be getting started around 10 or 11 and who knows when we'll stop. The JSL is always alot of fun, so come have a drink with us and be prepared to dance!

Hope some of you can make it!

Josh
http://www.whollycatsband.com

F

Wow, a standing gig at the Mai Kai, how cool is that!! We'll get down there again someday, so I hope you'll be playing there a long time.

Aloha, TC'ers -- please come out to the Mai Kai Friday night, Jan 19th, if you can. No need to stay for the floor show, unless you want to, but we really want to get folks into the Molokai, and shake things up a bit, so they keep doing this kind of thing periodically. Those that were there on the 28th know how much fun it was. I was talking to one regular 'happy hour' attendee (not a TC'er) the last time we were there, and he said they used to pack 'em in there for happy hour all the time (he said about 10 years ago).

It would be great to get the Molokai Lounge back to those times. Yes, it's not cheap to drink there, but once every couple of weeks or so isn't too bad, and y'all know it's fun.

C'mon out, if you can.

Mahalo nui loa,
Kanekila

PS: oh yes -- you can hear my new 'frypan' steel, too! It sounds amazing.

P

Well, if you can make a steel out of that plank of metal then you should get Basement Kahuna to carve you one.
Good job on getting that gig, braddahs.
Looking forward to seeing you down there soon.

What gives

on the SoCal

Tour??

Aloha Ben - We'll be making some calls starting next week. It's looking like we'll be doing a midwest trip the last 2 weeks of July, so if we head west, it'll likely be just after that. I'll keep everyone posted as things develop.

Josh

Yeah! Midwest!

I'll start stocking the rum.

S

We just happened to be there on Thursday night for my girlfriends birthday dinner. We were down from south Jersey to visit her dad who lives in Hollywood and I knew about the Mai Kai. When we were in the gift shop buying a massive amount of tiki stuff (hee hee) the girl told us that you guys were going to be there the next night but we couldn't make it work since we didn't have a car to ourselves while we were down. maybe next time. hell, come up to Philly, that would work for us :)

Pages: 1 7 replies