Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Weird-ohs

Pages: 1 18 replies

ST

Remember these?

I've only seen the boxes long ago, found em in Wal-mart of all places, so had to buy one and check it out, looks like a cool kit, instructions are short and to the point, but looks easy enough....Now I gotta get the whole set.
http://www.hawkmodels.com/weirdohs.htm

A

The Weird-Ohs are like the most, I mean way gonesville! The Silly Surfers and the Frantics are also great - neat to see them all reissued again.

Here's both sides of the tie-in record LP for the Weird-Ohs and the Silly Surfers, a Gary Usher masterpiece.

Both feature the artwork by Bill Campbell that went on the model boxes, and that was the model for the sculpts. Illustration magazine has a nice article on Bill Campbell in issue 12.

-Randy

Those are definitely Squidly Delights!

Dig the "HODAD MAKING THE SCENE WITH A SIXPACK"...

Like looking in the mirror daddy-o! Far out.

I have Daddy! I saw these at the local hobby shop and fell in love! I had to have one, I haven't had time to build it yet, though.
here's mine! :)

contents

Wow! I almost forgot about these. I built 3 or 4 of 'em when I wuz 11 or 12. the instructions are simple because the fun part of these kits wuz about the paint and detail. You can't "instruct" creativity.

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Dec 31, 2009 4:58 PM

Drag Hag

Man oh man, I forgot about these, must be getting old, made a few of these as a kid.

R

This site sells them all. They are under "funny kits".
http://www.culttvmanshop.com/

BK

Long live Big Daddy Roth!

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Jan 4, 2010 6:28 PM

Endsville Eddie

I am almost certain this is an unofficial copy made in Mexico... But I'm not sure because I have never seen any other like it.

T
twitch posted on Fri, Jan 8, 2010 5:34 AM

Damn... and if the last hobby shop around these parts didn't close up a year ago I could run out & buy some....

If the kids today could put down their damn wii-wii's and build something I wouldn't have this problem.

[ Edited by: twitch 2010-01-08 05:37 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Apr 6, 2010 6:46 AM

Bought these cards two weeks ago in a nice comic books store in Somerville, MA. called HUB comics.

Weird-Ohs Trading cards

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Jun 24, 2010 9:33 PM

Art inspired by my muse, the Drag Hag.

"My goodness! I think I'm wearing too much make up. What are they going to say about me?!"

Gouache on paper

For sale or trade.

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Jun 29, 2010 8:01 AM

From Wolfgang's Vault

Tour/Show:
Weird-ohs
Date:
Venue:
Unknown
Size:
11" x 17"
Price:
$545.00

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Jun 29, 2010 8:03 AM

Gorgeous!

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Jun 29, 2010 8:37 AM
H

Another source here:
http://www.weird-ohs.com/index.html

So what is it with Mexicans and Weird-Ohs? It seems Taco Bell has jumped into the fray. Taco Bell has a Weird-Ohs kids meal promo. Buy a kids meal,and get a Weird-Ohs mini skateboard and a bunch of Weird-Ohs stickers. My daughter wants more.

details?: http://www.tacobell.com/menu/kids-meals

TANGENTIAL THOUGHT PROCESS BEGINS HERE:

So which ones are better? Weird-Ohs or Odd Rods? Personally, I don't care which came first, I just want to know which is better. Better art, details, humor, overt or subliminal messages, construction aesthetics, etc..

What say you?

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Jul 14, 2010 12:05 AM

Hey Hakalugi, thanks for the info! could you post some pictures of those products? Taco Bell is not Mexican, there's none here... Authentic Mexican food is not like that.
I assume it's the redesigned weird-ohs... must say I liked the vintage ones way better... the new versions look too 3-D for me.
I have found 4 pink vintage figures in flea markets in Mexico and one bootleg Mexican grey version. And an empty box. That's it.
I saw some Weird-ohs (new version) cartoon episodes on youtube...

Pages: 1 18 replies