Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Smiley and Inky hit the SF Bay Area UPDATE 4/27/07!

Pages: 1 36 replies

M

It was January-wonder what late night price fix menus are going on in SF?
I don't know our schedule yet- but maybe SF vics for food and drink Friday night, and Forbidden Island on Saturday. Or vise versa. Or FI both nights. or. or ? ZAZZ!

UPDATE__ Saturday 4/28 is a good possibility for SF. I know we will be joining CB Howlie and Futura Girl tonight(Friday 4/27) at the Forbidden Island around 10pm!!!
Come join us!!!!!
SKIP to Page THREE for current info!!!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2007-04-27 17:10 ]

M

Smiley?

Hmmm, smi-lee? Sort of sounds familiar, just cannot quite place the name. I do recall this one fellow, ruggedly handsome in a lederhosen-wearing sense.

Nah, couldn't be him. Maybe? Nah.

Still, I'm up for dinner at SF Vic's. Could be fun, I'm always keen to making new friends. Drinks at Forbidden Island? I've wanted to try that place, I understand they make a mean Missionary's Downfall.

Zazz? Yahtzee!
mrsmidnite

P

can i go? . . .

Excellent! It'll be good to see y'all!

T

I'm up for meeting at Trader Vic's, but I have to cut out early to catch a show at 12 Galaxies. It is Dine About Town month, so that means a 3-course dinner for $31.95. Here's their menu from http://www.onlyinsanfrancisco.com/dineabouttown/enhanced_listings.asp?id=337&Submit2=Select

First Course
Shredded crispy aromatic duck with lettuce cups and hoisin chili sauce
or
Traditional Caesar salad tossed in Caesar dressing, parmesan and croutons
or
Iceberg wedge with sliced beefsteak tomatoes and crumbled blue cheese dressing
or
Bongo Bongo Soup; veloute of fresh pacific oysters and spinach glazed with cream
or
Won ton soup with cha siu pork, snow peas, black mushrooms and cilantro
or
Malayan prawn skewers with a key lime-coconut dipping sauce
or
Chef’s soup of the day

Second Course
From the Chinese Oven
Petit Filet of beef, served with Malagasy green peppercorns, French fries and wok-stirred vegetables
or
Rosemary & garlic marinated sliced lamb roast served with Chinese long beans and steak fried potatoes
or
Pork chop Hawaiian with caramelized shallot mashed potatoes, grilled pineapple and julienne vegetables
or
Day boat scallop & shiitake brochette with jade rice and citrus ginger sauce

Trader Vic's Favorites
Peach Blossom duck breast served with fried rice and half peach stuffed with chutney
or
Chicken chow mein; crispy bean sprouts with Chinese vegetables, served with crisp or soft noodles and toasted almonds
or
Beef short ribs served with crushed horseradish fingerling potatoes and autumn root vegetables
or
Petrale sole with bay shrimp, wasabi mashed potatoes, sautéed leaf spinach and lemon beurre blanc

Third Course
Fresh sliced tropical fruit on ice
or
Vanilla bean ice cream with Trader Vic's praline sauce
or
Coffee crème Brulee
or
Banana fritters with rum sauce

russell sez, "BANANA FRITTERS IN RUM SAUCE - yummy-zazz!"

Welcome back to The Bay! I'll be in Las Vegas.

-Weird Unc

If you can't fit pdrake in the car, put him in the trunk, with Russell.

M

Forbidden Island opens its arms to all things smiley & inky.

Can't wait to see you guys.

I'll be up the day before !

Karma to da max!?!

Miss you guys and Russel too!

Rock on!

On 2007-01-10 21:56, RevBambooBen wrote:

Karma to da max!?!

Rock on!

You and Russel are not allowed into Forbidden Island at the same time. You'll just have to take turns... :wink:

T

Russell misses going on flights - the kind you take on a plane! :lol:

[ Edited by: thejab 2007-01-11 14:14 ]

P

i don't mind riding with russel since he was bathed.

M

On 2007-01-09 23:22, pdrake wrote:
can i go? . . .

meet us there!! :wink:

(we are flying)

M

If we are eating at SF Vics, I figure Saturday (8pm or so) would be best. By the time we hit SF on Friday night (10:15pm or later), the kitchen will probably be closed. So, drinks at FI late Friday, and probably after dinner on Saturday is what Inky and I should do-how duzz that sound-zazz or razz!?!?!

J

That sounds very Zazz! Friday at Vic's wouldn't have worked for me, but Saturday does! Yay!!

We will take whatever we can get of Both of you! I will prolly miss you on Friday, but Saturday's a GoGoGo!

Karma to da max!?!

Rock on!

BOO-Bam! Hope we can see you too! What a treat!

I can't wait to see the whole gang, and get some tiki fun. Vegas is sooooooooo boring! HA!

Dang Nabbit!

My Thursday meeting up North in Napa is in the afternoon and my plane leaves Oaktown @ 8:30 pm.

Looks like Russell and I will have to have Flight School
part 2, another time!!!

Y'all have fun without me now!!!

Although.......I'll be baaaaack! Probably for most of February.

You can run but you can't hide!!!

p.s. I'll be rockin' out in traffic the the "Bone!" 105?

M

107.7 is Da Bone! How could you forget?

T

Razz for Vic's on Saturday, as I'll be in Anaheim for Deke Dickerson's Guitar Geek Festival. And Friday I'll be at a show at 12 Galaxies so I doubt I'll make it to F.I. before closing (but I'll try my darndest).

On 2007-01-13 18:48, martiki wrote:
107.7 is Da Bone! How could you forget?

Doh!

MAhalo Martin!

It's been a while........

On 2007-01-13 18:51, thejab wrote:
Razz for Vic's on Saturday, as I'll be in Anaheim for Deke Dickerson's Guitar Geek Festival. And Friday I'll be at a show at 12 Galaxies so I doubt I'll make it to F.I. before closing (but I'll try my darndest).

We close at two on Fridays, El Jabbo. You gonna be at a late show?

Anyone know where Judds Winoree is ??

Get the low-down here, RBB... It's in Napa Valley.

http://www.juddshill.com/

• Myke

How old are you if you didn't know how old you are??

[ Edited by: tikiwinebear 2007-01-14 20:42 ]

T

On 2007-01-14 00:10, Haole'akamai wrote:

We close at two on Fridays, El Jabbo. You gonna be at a late show?

The band I really want to see plays dead last and there are 4 bands. And with bay bridge construction it could be very late when I return to the island.

i will make a reservation for dinner for Saturday at 8pm. i can see about 8 seats including us so far in this thread. please roll call if you will be there and i will get a bigger table.

we can't wait for a fun weekend!!

J

I'll be there!

MT

Coco Loco and I won't be square, 'cause we're gonna be there!!!

T

So, when are folks getting to FI ?

Looking forward to seeing you Vegas types.

On 2007-01-19 10:25, TofuJoe wrote:
So, when are folks getting to FI ?

Looking forward to seeing you Vegas types.

We are landing at 9, so by the time we get a car and drive to the Isle it will be about 10pm. I am thirsty!

MT

I'm Thirsty!!!

M

Cough, hack, cough, hurling hack....ughh. Strangely, I fell down with a sudden, and quite serious, case of "I'drathernotitis" (a despicable affliction). Thusly, I was able, with doctor's orders, to weasel my way out of previously made Saturday plans and mosey my solo self down to SF Vic's tonight to take in the waters with my favorite Vegas..., uh, Vegasians, Vegasites, Vegamatics?

Dinner at eight was way too late for this senior early-bird special connoisseur, but a few Trader Vic Stinkers? Grandpa always a has room for a stinker...wait, that doesn't sound right. Whatever, it's Vic's, Smiley's in town and Lars is, what, in front of the bar?

First off, the ceremonial showing of the rocks. Russel's was bigger, Inky's a bit more precious, gem speaking. Me and marriage go together like Elvis and a salad (never the twain shall meet), but it was a moving experience nonetheless.

Drink, dink....drink. Who's that in civi's? Lars is at Vic's, but NOT working? Whew, while he wasn't mixing drinks, he could still personally direct the making of the "Stinker a la Lars". I love that drink. Is it ok to love a drink? My sponsor is currently unavailable, so I'm going to say, "definitely".

Inky, mrsmiley, Jen, Mai Tai and Coco Loco. Why yes, that is former San Francisco mayor and gadfly Willie Brown at the corner table. Mai Tai shouted out "Hizzoner!", made a mad dash for a Mayoral hug from Slick Willie, and was summarily taken to ground by security and taught a lesson in political hardball. How a Bill becomes a Law? More like how Bill becomes a Law...suit. Ok, everything after "Hey, Mayor Brown" is made up, but it makes for good copy. Side note: Willie drinks red wine, his date: Bahia.

Good to see everybody, and with such momentous news in the offing. Love was in the air, monkey love? Don't worry, he's got protection. The $25 menu is still a going concern at SF Vic's, get down there and give it a try. Or, in the alternative...several Stinkers.

Doctor doctor give me the news,
patient midnite

What fun!

We all had a great time, even though i was so sick all weekend, I look as green as Bongo Bongo Soup in those photos!

Thanks to all that came out both nights and most especially to our terrific hosts, MaiTai and CocoLoco. xxoo

AAAWWwwwwwwwwwwwww, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrl....

I wish we coulda met up when you were out here, but how about trying sometime this weekend when we hit your town Friday?

On 2007-01-23 14:51, Haole'akamai wrote:
AAAWWwwwwwwwwwwwww, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrl....

I wish we coulda met up when you were out here, but how about trying sometime this weekend when we hit your town Friday?

of course!!! i have been so sick all week, i am trying to recover and reserve my energy for this weekend. Do you have your pajama party outfit ready?

M

Current (4/27)replies start here!

Pages: 1 36 replies