Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Admiral Nelson Rum...any good?

Pages: 1 4 replies

I saw Admiral Nelson rum in my local shop, but I've never tried it. After seeing the website it appears geared toward college drinkers (although the crew are lovely) so I'm dubious. Anyone care to give a review? If it's just an average rum with slick marketing, I'll pass.

On 2007-01-10 05:13, thegreenman wrote:
I saw Admiral Nelson rum in my local shop, but I've never tried it. After seeing the website it appears geared toward college drinkers (although the crew are lovely) so I'm dubious. Anyone care to give a review? If it's just an average rum with slick marketing, I'll pass.

tried the Gold, was unimpressed. Tasted bland and lifeless, just a lot of heat. Actually, it tasted just like Bacardi.

It is a nice rum for its price-point so I if you had it on your bar that wouldn't be a totally bad thing. I doubt you would use it much so if you are shopping for your drinks, pass. If someone gifts you a bottle because they think you will like it, thank them and then give them a tasteing flight and include a selection of other (better) rums.

That is my two cents worth.

Thanks again Chip and Andy.....

I'm almost willing to bet that Nelson's IS a Bacardi product re-branded. The marketing looks too slick. Seems like the Blue Moon beers that are made by Budweiser and sold as microbrews.

F

Admiral Nelson is the knock off version of Captain Morgan. They are part of the Luxco, http://www.luxco.com makers of "fine" (used with all due sarcasm) copy cat brands everywhere.

On 2007-01-11 19:51, thegreenman wrote:
Seems like the Blue Moon beers that are made by Budweiser and sold as microbrews.

That may be, but it doesn't stop Blue Moon from being completely delicious! Honestly I had no idea it was made by budweiser. Way better than Miller's "Killian's Irish Red".

Chris

[ Edited by: Kona Chris 2007-01-23 06:29 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies