Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island: Sonya's last night is Friday the 19th!

Pages: 1 8 replies

M

For those of you who missed last night, or just want another little bit o' Runkle- swing by Friday night at FI for her last (sniff) shift. Two jobs and a no-fun commute have taken thier toll, and she's throwing in the towel.

So come and get one last Sonya Mai Tai, and you might get a little bonus asscrack thrown in for good measure.

Mahalo!

M

And with that Forbidden Island loses some of its sunshine.

Sonya made me a few (dozen) cocktails at Forbidden Island. My first Mai-Tai and my last drink from the original menu; Sonya made them all with great skill. I liked them, they were good, really very all-together good. She knows her stuff, and I am sad to hear she won't be behind the bar at FI. Plus, she always treated me like one of her favorites. I must go back for one last dose of Sonyashine.

Seriuosly though, this is not good. My beverages man, my beverages!

Must go lie down, midnite no like change.
midnite

Say What?? :o I was there last night until around 11:00pm and I didn't hear about this!!!! Our Sonya leaving?? I guess I will have to make the trek across the bridge once again on Friday to wish Sonya "happy trails"... and to meet up with Mrsmiley (and inky?) too!

Sonya... you will be missed!!!!!!! :-?

• Myke

On 2007-01-18 14:29, martiki wrote:

...and you might get a little bonus asscrack thrown in for good measure.

I luvs me some Runkle asscrack. I'm even considering breaking the Sabbath for one last gander.

"Hate to see her go, but I love to watch her leave..."

~T

B

Soyna, say it isn't so :(. Two of "the boys" will be there tonight to wish Ms. S a bon voyage.

T

:cry:

M

It was Sonya's last night at Forbidden Island and the people came out to pay tribute, or to drink. Yes, definitely drinking, with some paying of tribute. Ok, there was a modicum of tribute intermixed with considerable imbibing. All in all, a fun time intermixed with an element of sadness that Sonya won't be behind the bar at FI spreading her patented Sonyashine.

Mixologist extraordinaire Sonya Runkle and a selection of the fine cocktails she poured for me over the past months. So tasty, so well-prepared, and now she's leaving...My beverages!, has anyone thought of my beverages...SOB...ok, I'm better.

A few shots of the evening: Sonya was presented with several lovely bouquets of flowers. That's big cheese Conga Mike with Sonya (that's not man about town El Jabbo next to them as he was at a co-worker's band's show) and that's not Smiley & Inky in any of my shots 'cause I waited until 10:26pm and they still hadn't showed. As the evening wore on things got a bit fuzzier, way fuzzier for Ms. Runkle. Oh, and there was some random eye lid grabbing. All good clean fun, though.

Sayonara Sonya! You will be missed at Forbidden Island.

My beverages!
midnite (must remember Jessica is still there, Jessica is still there...whew)

EDIT: The emotional stress is so great I screwed up last night's date. My beverages!

[ Edited by: midnite_tiki 2007-01-20 12:45 ]

Midnight,

:( So sorry we missed you. Hanford and Humuhumu arrived around 10:30, Mai Tai and I around 10:45...and Mr. Smily and Ms. Inky Louise arrived around 11:00 after a flight delay. Meet up with us (Inky, Smiley, Mai Tai, and I) at TV SF tonight! We'll be there at 8:00. :)

On 2007-01-20 12:35, midnite_tiki wrote:
It was Sonya's last night at Forbidden Island and the people came out to pay tribute, or to drink. Yes, definitely drinking, with some paying of tribute. Ok, there was a modicum of tribute intermixed with considerable imbibing. All in all, a fun time intermixed with an element of sadness that Sonya won't be behind the bar at FI spreading her patented Sonyashine.

Mixologist extraordinaire Sonya Runkle and a selection of the fine cocktails she poured for me over the past months. So tasty, so well-prepared, and now she's leaving...My beverages!, has anyone thought of my beverages...SOB...ok, I'm better.

A few shots of the evening: Sonya was presented with several lovely bouquets of flowers. That's big cheese Conga Mike with Sonya (that's not man about town El Jabbo next to them as he was at a co-worker's band's show) and that's not Smiley & Inky in any of my shots 'cause I waited until 10:30opm and they still hadn't showed. As the evening wore on things got a bit fuzzier, way fuzzier for Ms. Runkle. Oh, and there was some random eye lid grabbing. All good clean fun, though.

Sayonara Sonya! You will be missed at Forbidden Island.

My beverages!
midnite (must remember Jessica is still there, Jessica is still there...whew)

EDIT: The emotional stress is so great I screwed up last night's date. My beverages!

[ Edited by: midnite_tiki 2007-01-20 12:43 ]

MT

On 2007-01-20 12:35, midnite_tiki wrote:
...and that's not Smiley & Inky in any of my shots 'cause I waited until 10:26pm and they still hadn't showed.

Hey Ray, maybe you should change your TC name to 10:26_Tiki (!) (kidding, just kidding).

Actually, we were sad that we missed The Midnites. Any chance of you guys making it to Trader Vic's San Francisco tonight? At 8:00pm?

Last night at Forbidden Island was great! Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera. Mr. Smiley and Inky Louise were there, as well as Hanford, Humu, The Jab, Conga Mike and Mrs. Conga, TikiWineBear, Princess P, Martiki and BooLoo, Stephanie, and of course Sonya(my apologies to anyone I might have missed - brain is still fuzzy). It was Stephanie's birthday as well, so she was living it up with her friends, and of course Sonya was more than living it up!!! :)

Man, I'm really gonna miss that ass-crack! Love ya, Sonya - we'll see ya at Pesce, and Fantasy Island!!! :D

Pages: 1 8 replies