Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Trying to find out if my stools are Witco

Pages: 1 7 replies

Being somewhat new to tiki collecting, my boyfriend and I purchased a couple of stools at a local flea market here in Alabama a couple of months ago. They look just like the ones that recently sold on ebay and the ones pictured in the post about the Witco bar (ours have been re-upholstered with black vinyl tops). We paid almost nothing for them ($35 each). The lady had 4 of them but she was keeping 2 for herself (she had no idea what they were and definately wasn't into tiki collecting). How do I know if mine are true Witco? Either way I love them and feel like we got a great deal on them! What a find!

Happy tiki hunting!

M
mig posted on Thu, Jan 9, 2003 11:02 AM

There's only one way to find out for sure: go to a clinic and give them a stool sample. They can tell you for sure if your stools are Witco!

-mig
(couldn't resist)
:P

F

A picture would help! (not of a stool sample, either, ewww)

L
laney posted on Thu, Jan 9, 2003 2:55 PM

If they are just like the one's pictured previously, then they are Witco. Many, I'm sure, have been recovered (3 out of 5 of my stools have been recovered)I don't believe any other companies made those tiki stools. My two bars, all the stools, the shelves, lamp, etc, I have, aren't marked.
Great find and better price! I'm green...

[ Edited by: laney on 2003-01-09 14:55 ]

I can't seem to get the picture to appear, but nonetheless they are the same barstools that are shown in the other pictures. I'm so excited! I can't believe we came across them...at the time we bought them we didn't even know what Witco was. Boy have we learned fast since then! We are going to try and hunt down the other pair that the lady wouldn't sell us. Hopefully they will still be there. Thanks for your help!

Happy tiki hunting!

I just heard the whole Witco thang was made up and all the stuff you all have is bogus. I'd be more than happy to take all that bogus stuff you all have and put it into a corner at the store or even in the rafters and exchange it with new Bamboo stuff. Just e-mail me and I'll handle the rest. Always trying to help out the fellow tiki freak!
Damn it! I spilt my drink!!!

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Jan 10, 2003 4:06 PM

Ya u guys go send dem to Ben!

Den Ben you send me 2!!!

I'm still workin on one for you Mr. Lizard. I'm a little behind but will katsup soon. If it happens, a real one will appear on your doorstep.

Pages: 1 7 replies