Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Damon's Steakhouse, Fri., Jan.26th 8:00pm

Pages: 1 21 replies

Are you ready for some Mai Tai's at Damon's? Tiki-Tina & Bamboo Boyd, will be visiting from Phoenix the Weekend of Jan.26th. We thought it would be a great way to start the weekend off by having dinner at Damon's Friday Night at 8:00pm. If you would like to joing us PM me and I will add you to our Reservation.

Damon's is located at 317 N. Brand Ave in Glendale. Phone # (818)507-1510.

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2007-01-24 09:03 ]

Can't wait!!

WooHoo! The following people are in for Dinner at Damon's:

*Soccer Tiki
*Tiki-Tina
*Bamboo Boyd
*Tigerlily & Friends
*CheekyGirl
*WooHooWahine
*PiPhiRho
*Grog
*Hinano_Paul
*Mrs. Lurker :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-01-23 20:27 ]

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2007-01-26 12:19 ]

TF

Wish we could be there! Kind of like a AZ reunion!!

In.

P

Shoot! I fly back to LAX on the 26th with a scheduled landing time of 9:29pm, from of all places...Hawaii! By the time I got to Damons...all the rum would probably be gone! :wink: Not to mention the place would be about to close.

Have Fun Everyone! I'll toast you all with a Trader Vic's Mai Tai from 39,000 feet. :)

On 2007-01-22 23:45, PremEx wrote:
I'll toast you all with a Trader Vic's Mai Tai from 39,000 feet. :)

WOOOOHOOO! :)

We are in see you Fri night!

Hey yaz Soccer tiki, Is The Damon's & Bahooka on for sat. night for sure? wait.. :o is it Damon's Fri Bahooka sat? got myself all confused

Ok never mind I see the thread ... lol

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-01-23 21:15 ]

On 2007-01-23 21:12, Hiphipahula wrote:
Hey yaz Soccer tiki, Is The Damon's & Bahooka on for sat. night for sure? wait.. :o is it Damon's Fri Bahooka sat? got myself all confused

Ok never mind I see the thread ... lol

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-01-23 21:15 ]

Yes, both Nights are For Sure :)

WooHoo! The following people are in for Dinner at Damon's:

*Soccer Tiki
*Tiki-Tina
*Bamboo Boyd
*Tigerlily & Friends
*CheekyGirl
*WooHooWahine
*PiPhiRho
*Grog
*Hinano_Paul
*Mrs. Lurker

If you are planning on going and your name is not on the list please PM me by 3:00pm today so we can make sure we have a seat at our table for you. See you tonight :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-01-26 12:36 ]

We're looking for lodging around the area so we can stay for Saturday night's festivities...any ideas? We've never been up that way! Thanks!

Here's the website for Damon's for those of you that are interested.....

http://www.damonsglendale.com/

See ya tonight!!!!

WOOOHOOO! What a Fan-tiki-astic Friday Night everyone had at Damon's. The Restaurant and Bar were packed. I think we literally closed the place Friday Night :)

Cheekygirl's Lovely Hula Hands

Cheekygirl, SoccerTiki, Hau'oli Tiki and Mr., and Tigerlily

Bamboo Boyd and The Birthday Girl: Tiki-Tina

Tigerlily's Favorite Part of the Meal: DESSERT

Our Favorite Lurker & Hinano_Paul

Tigerlily, WooHooWahine, & PiPhiRho

WOOOHOOOOO!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-01-28 20:11 ]

Great pictures, I'm sure you had a great time - I used to love to go to Damon's for those fantastic drinks! and btw, you didn't mention the drinks or the decor...... is it still intact, has it changed. In your photos I can see some hanging lamps in the background, but let us know the skinny, if you will.

On 2007-01-29 06:57, jpmartdog wrote:
Great pictures, I'm sure you had a great time - I used to love to go to Damon's for those fantastic drinks! and btw, you didn't mention the drinks or the decor...... is it still intact, has it changed. In your photos I can see some hanging lamps in the background, but let us know the skinny, if you will.

Yes...The decor's all there! The place is filled with eye-candy! They still have the outrigger hanging from the ceiling. The drinks were strong. The Mai-Tai was not your standard, but potent none the less! It's a "must-see" for anyone who has a taste for good tropical decor.

Damon's is my favorite retro tiki restaurant. I love the feeling of a retro place that is still packed and thriving!! All the tables were full with folks waiting in the bar, a usual Fri. night at Damon's. The food is excellent and Lava's aren't bad either. I go there all the time and never had a bad meal. They recently added desserts to the menu when the restaurant was sold about a year ago. I was soo relieved to see they kept the same decor and menu although I miss some of the bee-hived waitresses. I had a great time celebrating Tina's B-day there with folks who really appreciate it also.

Wonderful place & great dinner, I had a great time.

I especially enjoyed the 12 year old Guaremalan rum, suggested by Soccertiki. Zaya Grand Reserva, Dark Rum...it was really quite tasty.

This is my new screensaver for the moment, with a snifter of the Zaya Rum.

Oh...and here's a picture of the great outrigger in the center of the restaurant.

What an awesome lil tiki hideout! This was the first time I or the Mr have been to Damons...totally worth the drive! Of course, the company we joined made it 100% better! It's been too long not to hear a WooHoo!! wink wink.
Wish we could have joined TikiTina for her second night at Bahookas! But we were grateful to have made it for Damons what with teenager's demands and schedules!
Hope your birthday weekend was a blast, TikiTina! So good to see you and Boyd all the way from the AZ Territory!

Hey! Isn't that guy peeking over TikiTina and Boyd's shoulder our new friend? I believe WooHoo recruited him into the hallowed halls of TC with the moniker "BJ" and his buddy was quickly dubbed The Bear. Due to his occupation of truck driver. Am I remembering this correctly? BJ...did you sign up with us here at TC yet? Let us know! We LOVE new buds! And look at that toothy grin! Who wouldn't want to party with such a jovial dude?!

Aloha Everyone!

Wow! Where to begin!

What started out as a low-key weekend road trip to see the Smokin' Menehunes, Tiki Taix and visit with Soccertiki and WooHoo ended up being a birthday weekend I'll never forget!

Much mahalo to everyone who came out to help celebrate and especially to Soccer and Woohoo who put the whole thing together! You guys and all of your efforts made the weekend extra special! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :)

Gosh, we were so busy between Oceanic Arts, Damon's, Bahooka, Purple Orchid, Bamboo Ben's Place (love the shelf Ben and the boos are too cute. Get well soon, man!), Little Lost Tiki's studio (great to see you again Ken, your work is amazing!), visiting Tradewinds Cove and the wonderful hospitality extended to Boyd and me at the Soccer Tiki guest grotto (we’re moving in soon!) we wouldn't’ have had time to see the Smokin’ Menehunes and Tiki Taix even if we wanted to, so we’re lucky they were both postponed to future dates…now we have another reason to come out to visit! :D

And did you see that lovely lei? Courtesy of my buddies Woohoo Wahine and Soccertiki…much mahalo aloha to you always!

You know, this is ranking right up there as the best birthday ever!

Also wanted to thank Hinao Paul & Mrs. Lurker (aka heist-a-mug, wink, wink nudge, nudge), Tigerlily, Al-ii, PiPhiRho, Cheeky Girl, Hiphipahula & Rob (-a-hula?) Hau 'oli Tiki & the Mr. and Mr & Mrs. Trader Tom for making the trek out (on one or in some cases BOTH nights) to make my birthday extra special!

It’s time like these when you realize just how many super people you are blessed to have in your life! Boyd and I had a wonderful weekend and we are blessed with such good friends! Mahalo Nui Loa and much aloha to all!

Now, it’s on to that long list of things I must accomplish before I turn 40!

[ Edited by: tiki-tina 2007-01-30 22:04 ]

Pages: 1 21 replies