Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hu Ke Lau Chicopee, MA Valentine's Show

Pages: 1 21 replies

Who's going to the Hu Ke Lau Valentine's Show?? Last year was a blast!!!
Movie

Movie

Movie

Granite Tiki--you're going right?? I wanna buy tickets. If you're going, PM me with your real names and I'll see about sitting us all together.

So whats the deal? Dinner/show/drinks? Time? Price? where the #%&@ is chicopee? Can I walk there?

Wow, it's still open? Too cool! My parents used to go there occasionally in the 60's, and would bring home the glasses. That was my first exposure to anything tiki.

I will be there!

I have a couple of friends who ordered their tickets already too!

Hopefully we can all sit together at the fabulous Hukelau!

For all interested:

http://www.hukelau.com/showroom.html

[ Edited by: The Granite Tiki 2007-01-26 14:19 ]

B

Ok,

I have no idea if we're going to be able to make this show, but I ordered a pair of tix for da wahine & I.

Hopefully we'll be there before the stage show starts. To miss even one note of the awesomeness that is the valentine's day show would be travesty!! heh heh

Anyway, see ya there....I hope.

You have to be there Bargoyle, it's the anniversary of our meeting you!

I'm really looking forward to this!

And the coconut chicken appetizers.

Bargoyle, you have to go. My pills are in that gymbag you have. If I don't my meds by Feb. 14, the doctor says I'll never play the vibraphone again.

Seriously, anybody who ordered tickets who wants to sit in a group, PM me with your real name (or at least the alias under whom your tickets are reserved) and I'll see about getting us a big table. (Sully, Granite & friend I got yous)

B

Ok, so who's in on this? Granite, Granite's friend, Pappy & I? (and respecitve significant others)

That it?

No more Valenitne's Day couples making the trek?

Cmon people!! Chicopee is for lovers!! heh heh

Ok, seriously, we're officially in. Leaving work early & everything.

Should be a hoot.

Okay, I guess I'll be the first to say, this impending storm is not looking good for the Valentine's Day Show :(

J

The Miss and I will be hanging at home with the kids. Hope whoever makes it has a great time!

Yeah. First real snow of the whole !&%*@ Winter has to be tomorrow. We're still planning on going but if we're not there, we chickened out. We got an all-day babysitter so we're REALLY gonna try. The good thing is the Hu Ke Lau is only a minute off the Mass Pike.

well if you all have to bail on the valentine event, you can make it up by coming to my thing.

B

Damn! This sucks. Don't really know status for tmrw either. If the snow delays the morning commute, and all the employees get a late start, then I wont be able to leave early. Add the leaving late and the predicted ice & freezing rain to the drive to the Huke, and I'm not sure we'll make it.

On the plus side, if anyone DOES get there, you can drink like a fish and drive home at 5 mph all over the road and prob not get stopped by the cops! :wink:

It's really not looking good for us NH people to get there.

I can not explain just how sad I am right now.

Bargoyle--let 'em all go home early. You'll earn their undying loyalty.

Granite--rent a Hummer.

Spoke to the Hu Ke Lau. They are NOT going to cancel the show...
*$#@!

Thanks for that link and laugh Pappy.

I'm really bummed here!

OK, I had to call it. We're not going. There goes my sixteen bucks! Waaaah! Let it be known, if I were still single and childless, I'd be there...

What?!?!?

No-one is going now??

Yeah, I've been trying all day to keep everything moving smoothly (to no avail) Almost everyone was 1/2 to 1 hour late...one girl was 1.5 hours late!?!?!? I mean, cmon, it wasnt THAT bad! I think they're taking advantage of my generous nature.

So, it probably didn't look good for us either, but I still had hope.....

Now if we DO make it, I guess it'll be just Jess & I at the Huke.....with a giant table for eight!!! heh heh

oh well...SB's is next. Still havent got a dog sitter, but I'm making that one....for sure.

In case you hadn't noticed, I created a new thread for my event.

..sbim

B

Well, for the record, it is now 6:00pm....I'm still at work, and gonna be here for at least another 1/2 hour or so.

I guess the Huke was just not meant to be this year. :(

The next Hawaiian show they have (usually on fridays) I'm up for trying again. Anyone else?

T

I feel your pain Bargoyle... it took me 2 hours & 15 Minutes to get to work today so that I could get out @ 3:00 because the weather was too bad to drive in!!

If I knew how to add a Hula Girl & a Fire Dancer here I would.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! (anyway) to the New Englanders who are all snowbound but, still have the tropical spirit!

Tikisgrl

Pages: 1 21 replies