Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

don tiki’s forbidden love! february 17 in honolulu

Pages: 1 13 replies

DON TIKI’S FORBIDDEN LOVE...
TIKI TORCH SONGS FOR LOVERS!

Larceny/Honolulu Streetwear Corp. presents “Don Tiki’s Forbidden Love” in a special Valentine’s concert on Saturday, February 17, 2007 at Events at the Tower. This exotic evening will include Don Tiki’s classic tunes along with a retro romantic repertoire designed to stir passions. This show will transport you to an island paradise where sensual tropical fantasies still exist!

Honolulu based Don Tiki is the keeper of the flame of the evocative “exotica” genre of jungle jazz music pioneered by the legendary Martin Denny. Their tikipalooza extravaganza has garnered a devout following and includes Hawaii’s top musicians, the gorgeous Don Tiki Dancers, provocative costumes, and quixotic choreography. Don Tiki has played sold-out shows from the Hawaii Theatre to Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville in Las Vegas. Their new show is two tons of fun and your chance to kick back and soak up a little TLC… Tiki Lounge Culture!

Joining Don Tiki onstage and spinning a DJ set after the show is Hawaii’s own Frank Orrall of Poi Dog Pondering, Thievery Corporation and 8fatfat8 fame. G Spot and other guest DJs will also spin. Other special guests appearing with Don Tiki include Lopaka Colon, Willow Chang, and Sherry Shaoling.

Doors open at 8:00 pm at Events at the Tower, Honolulu’s beautiful waterfront venue in Aloha Tower Marketplace. Tickets are $25 pre-sale and $30 at the door. Tickets go on sale starting Friday, January 26. "Tickets available online at http://www.ticketmaster.com, at all Ticketmaster outlets including Times (walk in service only), BYU, and Blaisdell Box Office. To charge tickets by phone, call (877) 750 4400. With the recent resurgence of interest in exotica music and tiki culture in general, tickets are sure to go fast. Don’t miss “Don Tiki’s Forbidden Love” on Saturday, February 17!

It's nice to see Don Tiki still carrying the Torch!!!!

Don Tiki Rules!!!!!

Hey, where's that new album anyway?

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

I got my tickets, and I'm gonna paddle over to Honolulu for the show! Can't wait!

So folks on the Big Island refer to Honolulu as "horny-screw-loose". Well, guess I'll have to figure out what they mean by that, cause I'm heading over there tomorrow for the Don Tiki show!

HOK

group photo at the Show House OF KU,Roger,Gecko,frt Mo-eye,Tiki Shark back toward camera. Tiki-Al and GF :) Special thanks to our kind waitress for taking the picture.

Willow Chang, DelMar and Sherry Shaolin .............. Aloha, Freddie

HOK

[ Edited by: HOUSE OF KU 2007-02-22 14:25 ]

here is a short clip from the concert. It was awesome. If you ever get the chance to see them live you have to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfOB_GY5zGQ

the other url doesn't work.

this one does. sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNe0oNlVaUU

HOK

Thanks for the clip....can relive the show over and over now...Aloha, Freddie

Thanks fer the Video - any chance of seeing any video of "Love Potion #9" from the show?
House of Ku - I don't think that's my hand. But, I do look forward to hooking up with all the cool Hawaii tiki Ohana and getting in a photo, and then looking away.

Big aloha from the Big Island

I needed to be selelctive to mee the specs for Youtube put sure I have a partial clip of Love Potion #9. I will take a peek.

Bothellbill

DON TIKI RULES!

Hey Floyd ... OKONKULUKU from da WAITIKI gang. We'll back in Honolulu in less than a week!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO COME HOME!

Heard from Sherry the Feb DT show was awesome.

OKONKULUKUUUUUUUUUU!

Hey Bill... mahalo for posting your footage of of our recent show! You got some nice highlights to share with all here.
And Professah Flowah Humming, wish you guys were in town to join us...please call us when get home...
Alohaderci, Fluid Floyd

Aloha FF & Don Tiki,

I'd walk, if it weren't for all that water...

Cheers and best,
SOK

Pages: 1 13 replies