Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Be a Hukilau 2007 model

Pages: 1 20 replies

TB

The Sarong-O-Rama fashion show is looking for models from the tiki community to model their favorite Polynesian ensemble at Hukilau 2007 June 14-17.
Each year everybody who comes to Hukilau wears the most fabulous Hawaiian garb to the events and this year we want to spotlight you and your fab fashion. The model call is open to 10 gals and guys who want to strut their exotica stuff on the catwalk.
To enter, please submit a photo of your outfit to [email protected]. The picture should be of you wearing your aloha clothing and accessories in a tiki locale. In order to be considered you must also be able to attend the rehearsal on Friday at 11 am, hair & make up (to be determined) and the show at 2-3pm, NO exceptions. The lucky entrants selected must also be able to take direction well & are required to sign a liability waiver and refrain from imbibing in alcoholic substances during the rehearsal and show.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bree 2007-01-28 16:21 ]

TB

We are getting a lot of inquires about the Sarong-O-Rama fashion show, here's the info about the deadline for submissions.
Please submit a photo of your outfit to [email protected] by
April 30. Chosen candidates will be notified by mid-May.

T

There has been a lot of talk about 'wafer thin' models will there be a minimum weight allowed ?

TB

Hi Tiki LaLe!
Good question!
The Sarong-O-Rama wishes to reflect diversity in our tiki community. Our community's unique fashion passion is the inspiration for the show, and we want to showcase our unique style, so this post on Tiki Central is a call for TC-ers to show off their favorite tiki ensemble and does not discriminate body types. We are looking forward to having an assortment of styles and sizes represented in the show.

On 2007-01-30 08:30, Tiki Bree wrote:
Hi Tiki LaLe!
Good question!
The Sarong-O-Rama wishes to reflect diversity in our tiki community. Our community's unique fashion passion is the inspiration for the show, and we want to showcase our unique style, so this post on Tiki Central is a call for TC-ers to show off their favorite tiki ensemble and does not discriminate body types. We are looking forward to having an assortment of styles and sizes represented in the show.

Tiki LaLe,

Hello! I'm the other fashion show producer. Ditto what Tiki Bree says! The Sarong-O-Rama will be showcasing the tiki community's Aloha style. All body types are welcome! :)

Plus, if you model you will receive a wonderful gift from Hukilau for participating!!

This should be a fun event everyone and I'm so glad that Tiki Bree and Stardust are coordinating the show - they both have so much expertise in vintage fashion.

Wahoo! The first Hukilau Fashion Show! Something for everyone. Pretty fashions for the ladies and pretty ladies for the guys.

I am hoping to put some things in the show. Off to start sewing......

This is going to be fun.

Andy

TB

This will be a blast!!! An no fashion show would be complete without some of your creations, Andy!

O
Otto posted on Thu, Feb 1, 2007 11:06 AM

On 2007-01-28 09:13, Tiki Bree wrote:
The Sarong-O-Rama fashion show is looking for models from the tiki community to model their favorite Polynesian ensemble at Hukilau 2007 June 14-17.
Each year everybody who comes to Hukilau wears the most fabulous Hawaiian garb to the events and this year we want to spotlight you and your fab fashion. The model call is open to 10 gals and guys who want to strut their exotica stuff on the catwalk.
[ Edited by: Tiki Bree 2007-01-28 16:21 ]

Bree
This is such a cool idea/opportunity (and who else could host it than yourself - the Mermaid Goddess). I hope there are plans for photos of the participants to be up on the Hukilau website or at least on TC after the event!?!

Yep Otto, we are planning to have all the models photographed and the show documented as well. I'll make sure all participants get photos of themselves!

TB

Bree
This is such a cool idea/opportunity

Any possibility of your & Baby Doe's participation in the Sarong-O-Rama?

On 2007-02-01 11:48, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Yep Otto, we are planning to have all the models photographed and the show documented as well. I'll make sure all participants get photos of themselves!

Then I want pictures of Pablus in a Lava-Lava. I don't care if he's signing up for this or not, I think you should just tackle him & put him in the show.

Calling all tiki gods and goddesses! We need guys and gals to strut their tiki creation on the catwalk! Don't forget to send in your photo of you wearing your creation in a tiki locale to the [email protected] by April 30! 10 lucky submissions will be chosen for the Sarong-O-Rama fashion show at this year's Hukilau!

[ Edited by: starburst 2007-02-13 18:32 ]

TB

Just to clarify.......your outfit doesn't have to be a hand made
creation, it can also be a fabulous vintage find. We just want to spotlight YOU and your tiki style in the Sarong-O-Rama this year!

Sarong-O-Rama Wahines,

I have a question about hair and makeup. For those of us that think smearing on red lipstick and combing our hair is all we can handle, is there a skilled person to help us?

Excited.....

Mahalo

Andy

Andy, thanks for your inquiry! Yes, there will be hair and makeup stylists on hand to assist with making folks look even more fabulous! :)

Cheers,

Sandra

TB

Speaking of hairstylists........
here's a "VOLUNTEER CALL FOR HAIRSTYLISTS AND MAKE-UP ARTISTS" for Sarong-O-Rama fashion show.
We are looking for a team of talented tiki stylists to assist with the fashion show. Please respond to [email protected]

TB

Although the entry deadline of April 30th may seem far off, the fashion show organizers encourage you to submit your photos now. Please dont be shy, this will be a fun event and an opportunity to show off one of your favorite tiki outfits!!

Thanks to those who have already submitted.

TC-ers, keep those photos comin'!

TB

The deadline for photo submissions for the Sarong-O-Rama is fast approaching (April 30th). Please don't wait until last minute to send us your photos. We will gladly accept photos of your ensemble that are not taken in a tiki locale....a simple snapshot will suffice. Also, previous modeling experience is not necessary to be included in the show, just enthusiasm and availability for the rehearsal (10am Friday morning) and show (2pm Friday).
So guys & gals, don your Tiki garb and "work it, baby!!"

Thanks to the fellow tiki aficionados for their entries, we'll be contacting the lucky models the 1st week in May. Gorgeous!!!

TB

Submission deadline is just 2 day away. Submit a snapshot of you in your fave tiki outfit to [email protected] by midnight Monday, April 30th, for the chance to strut you stuff!!!

[ Edited by: Tiki Bree 2007-04-28 09:07 ]

TB

ATTENTION ALL FASHION SHOW ENTRANTS........... I just found out that some submissions have been bounced back to you as undeliverable. If you did not receive a reply confirming receipt of your photos, please resubmit ASAP. We want everybody to have a fair opportunity to be considered to participate in the Sarong-O-Rama. Remember, previous modeling experience is not required, just a willingness to take direction and ability to attend the Friday morning rehearsal as well as the 2pm show.

(If your photos get bounced back again, personal message me here on TC.)

Best of luck!!!

Pages: 1 20 replies