Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Help me name my new home bar...

Pages: 1 22 replies

I have mentioned this in a few other posts, but I just moved from Orange County (CA) to Portland, OR. In my place in CA, my bedroom was jam packed with all of my tiki artifacts. I now live alone and am in a 2 bedroom place. I got a 2 bedroom place JUST so I can make my Tiki Bar/Lounge. Below you will see the before and after pictures. Though it's not 100% done, I want to get a sign made for my new lounge. I leave it up to my Tiki Peers to help me name it. Sooooo help me name it and I hope to be part of the Home Bar Tour on the next NW Bar Crawl

Before

Mohalo!

hey Trevor! welcome to the PNW ~ i see you've brought along that scarey tiki! i cant think of a name for you just yet. dont forget to sign up for the NW mailing list ~ and get thee to Thatch, its great!

and if you make the short drive to Seattle, make sure to let us know, and the Jet City Mucky Mucks will meet up with you!

elicia

Before offering up name ideas, I'm inclined to ask what the long term vision is for your bar -
(in the curious way - not in the sarcastic way :))

Are you wanting to eventually develop some thing dark and mysterious -
lush and plant filled -
clean line modern with an overlay of poly pop...(?)

And - by the by - welcome to Portland!
We're getting quite a community here now - I'll have to stop hiding in my own bar:)

T

Nice Stuff !!! Love the tree branch Tiki !
Just a suggestion.... A little color on those walls will make that stuff really pop.

Name ? how about the "Boom Boom Room"

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2007-01-30 08:32 ]

Well long term is hard to say. This is a rental, so I can't do too much. I do agree that I need something on the walls. I didn't take pictures of the ceiling, but I have some stuff hanging from it. I plan to add more stuff to the ceiling. I don't have an actual bar in there yet, so that will be an addition. I also need to find some type of shelving unit for the rest of my mugs. I think some indoor plants are needed as well. There are too many browns in there right now. If I call it the Boom Boom Room, don't I need a stripper Pole and be on MTV's Cribs???

T

CRIBS !!!! GROSS !!!!

A nice muted lime green would look great in there. I like to use green and blue together. OR, you could go the burgundy/dark red route for that really dark, lounge feel. Add a bamboo beaded curtain for some contrast...looks great.

T

That room is begging for a bar !!!!

M

Kapu Renta Lounge! (But, needs a bar!) :)

[ Edited by: McTiki 2007-01-30 11:38 ]

"Tabonga Lounge" after the creature in "From Hell It Came"

I don't think of this as the finished name, just some sounds to start with, maybe someone can think of a better variation using some of these sounds.

A

Ummmmmm.....

Trevor Vic's

S

Yes I like Trevor Vic's also.

H

TikiTrevor, if you can't paint the walls , you can always mount some nice sheets with the color you like, or some fabric with tapa cloth design etc. on the wall.
Bamboo lounge!

Ask your landlord if you can paint light colors (blues and greens) and paint it back when you move.

Name: SnuSnu Hut

U

If you live on the top floor or even a story up call it the Tiki-Hi Bar. If you have two floors make to lounges and call them Tiki-Hi & Tiki-Lo.

How about Puna Paia Lounge?

[EDIT] It'd probably help to explain that, it's Hawaiian for "White Walls."

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance 2007-01-31 16:19 ]

Hey Freddie, that's a great one. I'll have to name my whole home by that name, Wendy

On 2007-01-31 16:17, freddiefreelance wrote:

"My motto?" he says. "No white walls."

On 2007-01-31 18:49, danlovestikis wrote:
Hey Freddie, that's a great one. I'll have to name my whole home by that name, Wendy

OK, but It's my idea, so I get one, too. :P

On 2007-01-31 11:09, Daves Not Home wrote:
Name: SnuSnu Hut

Hee hee hee! The Mr and I are crackin up! Thanks Fry!

Ok so far I like Tiki-Hi because I am on the top floor (but people might think I am a stoner which I'm not), but I also like the white wall one, but I agree with Ben. I need to make some changes to get rid of the white walls somehow. Ok, off to Thatch for the first time! I'm gonna order the "Stinging Eye" I hope it's good (hehe).

Just go ahead and paint the walls! When and if it's time to move you can take a paint chip from the room or another room painted the same color to the paint store and they can match the color exactly, you'll be looking at a couple to three coats as everything is darker than white but with a roller it's no big deal for a room that size.

On 2007-01-31 19:18, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2007-01-31 16:17, freddiefreelance wrote:

"My motto?" he says. "No white walls."

Then how about 'A'ohe Puna Paia Lounge, "No White Walls." :D

S

Welcome to Portland Trevor!
I'm in the process of trying to name my own new home bar, and it's not going well, so I don't think I can help you there. However, if you need any more Tikis or decor for your space, feel free to contact me.
Cheers!!
Seamus
http://www.tikisbyseamus.com

Pages: 1 22 replies