Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: how much do you think this shag original will go for?

Pages: 1 3 replies

T

Rubbing the magic 8 ball ...How much is the Shag painting worth? 8 BALL says: What some sucker pays on Feb 4 for it !!!... 8 ball been pretty nasty lately ...sorry !!!

On 2007-01-31 13:19, TikiLaLe wrote:
Rubbing the magic 8 ball ...How much is the Shag painting worth? 8 BALL says: What some sucker pays on Feb 4 for it !!!... 8 ball been pretty nasty lately ...sorry !!!

ha! well considering that the last 2 went for over $6k...i'd have to agree that someone is going to pay a lot for it.

S

As stated above, it depends on what someone wants to pay.

It is a fairly small original, monochromatic colors (not bright contrasting colors as in some other peices), and fairly simple theme (3 characters). All of these factors could keep the bidding reasonable.

On the otherhand, the 3 characters are the classic cat, tiki and fez wearing monkey, which will appeal to many, and may drive up the price.

His gallery waitlists have not gotten any shorter, and the price for originals at shows has continued to increase. I would imagine his prices will increase some with the MModern show this month. Based on past gallery shows and e-bay auctions I would imagine it will fetch between 4-6 grand.

As stated above, it depends on what someone wants to pay. Is it worth that much? Who knows, I would not buy art as an investment, but if you can afford it and love it, that is a real reason to buy art.

Pages: 1 3 replies