Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Menehune Compote

Pages: 1 8 replies

M

Hi,
Is anybody familiar with the Trader Vic's Menehune Compote? It's a footed bowl with a golden brown glaze & features Black/White/Brown Menehunes running around the perimeter. Are these rare & does anybody know/think what they might be worth?
Thanks,
Holden

M
McTiki posted on Thu, Feb 1, 2007 3:23 PM

Holden, I've never even heard of this bowl. It must have been used as an advertisement or something near the checkout. Why? Did we find one?

Mahalo

McTiki

Is it the same as the TV Stinker bowl?

There is a post in here somewhere with a tc'er holding it.

T

This one?

T

Ahhh. One of my favorite TV designs. I love those.

M
McTiki posted on Fri, Feb 2, 2007 4:14 AM

This is the first I've seen of it. Sweet find indeed. If it could only talk and tell story.

Mahalo

McTiki

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Feb 2, 2007 6:36 AM

That mug is in Quest.

D
dibroc posted on Fri, Feb 2, 2007 7:00 AM

I saw the mug posted above this past week end while I was in Vegas. It was priced at $79.00. The bowl had a 4 inch hair line crack. Not sure how they came up with the price. All other items were well priced in the booth.

T

Yeh, I like this bowl style as well. I have seen them come up on ebay once in a while. I wouldnt say they are too expensive but the prices for the Vic bowls lately are really high. Its hard to say what they are worth but I wouldnt sell/trade one for under $100. I dont think the style was too popular so I think they are a little harder to find. I think the few I saw sold on ebay for between $90.00-$140.00 so the one Dibroc saw wouldnt be too bad if it didnt have the hairline. TabooDan

[ Edited by: TabooDan 2007-02-03 12:47 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies