Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Kon V, Portland, July 27-29 Sunday Tour Sold Out!

Pages: 1 2 92 replies

T

This just in:

NW Tiki presents Tiki Kon V: Venture into Darkness taking place in Portland, Oregon on July 27 through 29, 2007. This year we will explore taboo territory and venture into the dark side of exotica, where cannibals thrive and tikis have very sharp teeth indeed.

Tiki Kon V will hold wondrous new surprises this year. The Jupiter Hotel will once again be home to our shadowy rites including an entertainment extravaganza, exotic bazaar, mysterious libations and food of foreign lands. Our base camps will be the venerable Alibi and the former sand pit, Thatch. We will embark on The NW Tiki Original Home Bar Tour with never before explored home bars and also tread the familiar ground of our most popular haunts.

Please be on the lookout for more information about this mysterious voyage into forbidden adventure!

http://www.tikikon.com

o(..)o
Taboo Tiki Kon Blog
Tiki Kon V: Venture into Darkness
[email protected]

[ Edited by: tikimama 2007-07-09 16:46 ]

Count me in!

Count me in too! :)

Neat! I'll be there.

S
seamus posted on Sat, Feb 3, 2007 9:45 AM

Well if Monkeyskull is going, then I guess I will too!

TikisbySeamus.com

[ Edited by: seamus 2007-07-19 13:49 ]

D

well, if Monkeyskull is going ~ that means his Voodoo Lounge will be unattended! excellent plan, Frank-Todd and i will arrive in portland a few hours later.

I hope hope hope I can come this year, it all depends on the little kane or wahine that's due on Canada Day.

Tiki Kon! Tiki Kon! Tiki Kon!

PLT

Well if Monkeyskull is going and Dogbytes and Frank-Todd are plundering the Voodoo Lounge, that means the Rongorongo Room will be unattended. We'll arrive yet another few hours later.

RB

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Two weekends in the summer I'm out of town: one of them was when NWTK used to be, and the other is when this year's will be. Dang dang dang dang dang.

T

Rum Balls I don't see that you have any other option but to re-arrange your plans! I mean, priorities!

I'm glad the rest of you are so enthusiastic! We are excited about planning this year's event and we have lots of new ideas in store for you all. I'll keep you posted!

Since Pepe le Tiki is leaving Funhauser unattended, we will arrive several
hours after a sidetrip to Vancouver BC. I will be vending out of the backseat
of my car as soon as I "re-tag" all of the beautiful merchandise I procured
just for this event.

Sweet, this will be my first since I'm a newbie in the area. How do you become one of the stops on the homebar tour? Mine should be ready and well broken in by then.

T

If anyone would like to be on the home tour (or knows of someone who would) please email me at: [email protected]

I think we are going to have some "competition" (when we all drink, we all win!) this year since it seems there are a bunch of new bars in the area. Which is great, but I guess we might have to make a decision based on space available (50+ people in your house is a lot!). I wish we could go to all the bars but one day isn't that long (maybe next year we'll expand to a week of Tiki Kon activities, and we can all quit our jobs and drink rum all day long...oh, sorry, got lost in a daydream there).

Edited to add: All of you who are raiding Seattle's un-guarded home bars: remember we have a vendor room at Tiki Kon! :wink:

o(..)o
NW Tiki
Tiki Kon V: Venture into Darkness
[email protected]

[ Edited by: TikiMama 2007-02-05 11:39 ]

E

Yay! I have it marked in my calendar. But I am only going since Seamus is going.

M

On 2007-02-05 07:31, Rum Balls wrote:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Two weekends in the summer I'm out of town: one of them was when NWTK used to be, and the other is when this year's will be. Dang dang dang dang dang.

I'm in the same boat with Rum Balls. The last weekend in July is
out for me every year. So it goes.

H

Hanford and I are a big in. This is one of our favorite events of the year -- looking forward to spending some more time at the Alibi, and of course I can't wait to see Thatch. This has got to be the year that I finally make it to Voodoo Doughnut.

T

Humu I have mentally added a field trip to Voodoo Donut this year for you to enter this contest:

THE TEX-ASS CHALLENGE
Think you can eat our Tex-ASS doughnut in under a minute and a half? (or whatever the current record is.) Many have tried and most have failed. If you can do it, the doughnut is FREE! (You must purchase it in advance.)

Hilarity will ensue! Tikimonkey tried and failed last month, but if you start training now I think you can do it!

I prefer the Bacon Maple Bar, myself.

[ Edited by: TikiMama 2007-02-05 16:20 ]

D

tikimama: could you please move Kon 08 earlier in the year so Hanford (and others) can enter:
THE ANNUAL COCKFEST
Hey boys!! How many doughnuts can you stack on your dick?? Enter the Annual Cockfest to find out. This event takes place once a year in the springtime, so you have plenty of tme to practice.

ps: Voodoo is now open 22 hours a day, closed sundays. but the GOOD (read: bacon) donuts are not made till after 6pm. the signature voodoo dolls werent ready at 3pm, i was disapointed.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.