Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Trader vic's pirate? /tepco

Pages: 1 6 replies

HH

What drink did they serve in the pirate head mug? and was tepco the first to produce the mug ? I just got one and would really like to know all the details.

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Jan 10, 2003 5:14 PM

eh cuz, I was told they served coffee in da mug?? did you get a good deal? I thought it was rare so I picked one up from this guy who said they were SOOOO rare! Plus i like da way it looked. So he got me for $30. Then I seen them poping up everywhere on ebay for $12 sometime more or less...I drink coffee out of mine on the weekends while enjoying the view behind da house.

Thats ok though because I just picked up another steve crane mug for $35 and look at what the same mug went for on ebay just a couple days ago.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=2152698549&rd=1
The first one I bought was $40. 2 rare mugs for $85 not bad.

HH

damn, how u get them so cheap? I neva find any crane mugs. I wen pick up da pirate mug for $6, but its unfinished, not painted, but da bugga is heavy. I had to call poypop to make sure it was real, dat brahda knows plenty.

I get a pitcha

im just a little hawaiian, and a home sick island boy, I wanna go back to my fish and poi...

[ Edited by: hula hula on 2003-01-10 17:53 ]

M

Yes, a coffee mug. I have one in my colection with fine features, marked on bottom "Trader Vic's". I also have a few others, similar to your bisque version there, unmarked. I have sold a couple $10-15.

They are heavy little buggers. I probably sell one more in the next Midite Tiki Mug Sale/Chariry Bake Sale and Blood Donor Drive. Anyone wants to grab one let me know, can let one go on the cheap, maybe a trade!

And excellent scores there on the Crane mugs Gecko....been thinking of starting a new topic to cover the prices paid for some of these mugs. Is it me or our Tiki collectible prices continuing to go higher? What happened to the end of the expensive mug trend, I don't see it.

midnite

How bout a "learn to talk pigeon" (sp?) post via Gecko and Hula? That would be cool. (or da kine?)
(o.k., i'm in da middle of happy hour here at home. I'll post only 1 more and go!)
Shaka!!!

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Jan 10, 2003 8:43 PM

Hula, I jus wen get lucky wit da steves! 6$ foda mug, fo real? ho dats wun good price bra! dat wun neva get color too ya, I wen neva see dat style. good price! whats dat, trift sto find? oh u wen get em on ebay?

ho braddah Midnite, I know what you wen meen cuz, I wen tink one moment da prices on da mugs may go down ya! den Boom!! It wen get higher an higher. Cuz by da end of da year suffering bastards will be da kine...$600+!
How much u like bet Midnite? one, two o' tree Maitais at La Mariana!

Bradda Boobam Ben you pau hana(finish work) already! Time fo suckem up cuz! step away frum da boobam! all work no play not good fo da heart! shaka....See u know some piegon! no need fo spelling book! just mis spell everyting! Swhy Hod!(thats to bad) das da word fo da day Ben.

Gecko brudda,
you kickin my ass brah?! BenbooBam was off all week due to da Vasectomy brah! Does Snorkel Bob really care? Pidgion just does not work if you have nadda Havaiian in da blood~! My mothers friend is havaiian, but he just laughs all the time.! I talk story wit you soon lizard!
The Ultimate Haole
Bamboo Ben

Pages: 1 6 replies