Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

home tiki room pics

Pages: 1 9 replies

I

I decided last year to move most of my tiki related items up from my basement to the main level of my home - so now I can say I have a tiki living room.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of what my place looks like now.

Here is the main living room. (Wall #1) The tall odd shaped lamp is carved from a palm tree

Another view of the living room. (Wall #2) There are no real birds in the birdcage -- yet.

(Wall #3) The first thing I see when I walk in the front door is my tiki bar. My New Year's Resolution - stock up on my rum.

(Wall #4) The room would not be complete without a place to play all my exotica LPs ... and display my mugs

The nearby dining room. Somewhere in there is the Book of Tiki.

Also in the dining room .... on the table is a headhunter woodcarving.

I'm not exactly a traditionalist, so I modified the headhunter so he would represent the warring tribe against the dreaded Cargo Cult of Farrah

That is all for now. Thanks for looking!!

Vern

I can vouch that's it's about the most beautiful, restful and - dare I say it? - TASTEFUL tiki room I have ever seen. Tiki Moderne, perhaps? Do not pass up an invitation from Vern to see his place, folks, should you be lucky enough to get one. The man's a thrifting maniac, on the level of Mr. Smiley; those two score like, like, um, Shaq? Like Clinton at his peak? Anyway, it's beauuuutiful.

I covet his monkey..........

Looking good Vern !!! On my scale of style

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :sheckymug:

[ Edited by: powerofthetiki on 2003-01-10 17:48 ]

S

Wow! That's loking GREAT!

Gotta say, being the main living room, it doesn't do the heavy 'clutter' thing, it does the tastefully 'layered thing'. Plenty of eye candy, whilst maintaining some of those sleek lines- gotta love it!

And the Shag pieces feel very showcased, while also feeling completely part of the space.

Whatever the Tiki equivilent of Feng-shui is, you've got it going on! Thanks for posting the pix- seriously inspiring!

Really cool digs! But I think I'm gonna have nightmares about the Farrah headhunter...!

:tiki:

J

Looking good Vern - you should post more pics of your place - the ones I saw at The Tiki Regalia were really impressive as well!

:drink:

Where's the clutter????

Verrrry niiiice...makes me want a 30.00 cigar!

Amazing place, Vern. Belongs in the next edition of Pad.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I guess I was so inspired by some of Shag's artwork, that I tried to see if I could duplicate the style in his prints in my home. I've been pleased with the results so far.

Oh, there is still clutter in my home - it has just been moved to other levels of my home.

Vern

Pages: 1 9 replies