Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Super Bowl Party Fun

Pages: 1 0 replies

We had our annual Super Bowl Bash yesterday. And my guests were most entertaining this year. We usually invite my husbands office. Since he in the military, it is a lot of new faces each year. While I was away from my precious bar some gal went behind the bar and loaded her pockets with many of my swizzle sticks, napkins and coasters. My two friends were at the bar and saw she was taking stuff, but didn't realize she had gotten into my 'good' stuff. They know I use the vintage stuff for our own amusement, and the other stuff as throw-aways. It was kind of upsetting, as some of the stuff was from the '50's out of my husbands family and many others were from my travels around the world. Guess I'll have to go again.

But that isn't even the funniest part. I had greeted her at the door, and she was plastered to start with. I had showed her the guest bathroom so she could get a spot off her shirt. Evidently she spilled her drink in the car. So when I made it back out to the bar, after dealing with about 10 hostess emergencies en route (We had 40 guests...many small children). She was behind the bar and my two good friend had sort of funny looks on their faces. As I walked up one of my friends said "Here is the gal who cleans the house." And the swizzle stick stealer asked me how much I charged! She didn't even recognize me from greeting her at the door! She introduced herself to my friends about 5 times, and kept forgetting their names. Finally my one friend started calling her different names, like Betty, Peggy, Cindy and the Swizzle Stick Stealer never even noticed. She was too busy filling her pockets. She also took a stack of cocktail napkins marked with a catering companies name, commenting that it was strange that we didn't have our names on the napkins. The napkins were left by the catering company when we held one of the friends sitting there's son's wedding reception. I guess I should guard my bar better, or hide my collectibles!

I am annoyed and laughing at the same time. I guess it takes all kinds to make up this world. On the plus side so much food was brought to our party, even though we told everyone we were providing food that I won't have to cook for a week.

Pages: 1 0 replies