Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

It gets lonely down here!

Pages: 1 18 replies

An Invite for TC'ers visiting Tucson:

We've met some really lovely TC'ers that have come through town but not much has been happening around here lately. Mr cheeky half and I would like to extend a welcome to those of you who come to visit our dry city and stop in to wet your whistle at our local watering hole, the Kon Tiki.

Some people have time constraints or maybe don't feel the need for company but for anyone else that visits (and wouldn't mind some company) feel free to send us a PM or email. We are about 5 minutes away from the KT and would love to meet for a drink. If you find yourselves at the Kon Tiki and you say to yourself "Don't the cheeky halfs live nearby?" just have Louie, the manager, give us a call (he knows us as Mark and Maggie.)

Either way, we hope you enjoy our local as much as we do.

:drink: I'll drink to that! SsweeetT peeps da cheeky half M&M's!!! :D ALoooHA!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

We've got a drink waiting for you Jonesy and the ice is melting. You better hurry up and get back down here quick! Ernie keeps asking for you too!

WOOOHOOOO! SoccerTiki and I can' wait for our next trip to Tucson :)

... Well get your heinies down here!

H

I can wholeheartedly endorse an evening with the cheekyhalfs at the Kon Tiki Lounge. I'm well overdue for another visit -- it's been almost 2 years since my last trip! Here are my pictures from last time:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/kontikitucson/

The Kon Tiki Lounge is a rare classic bar -- it matches with my mental perception of what a tiki bar is supposed to look like much in the same way that Hala Kahiki in Chicago does. It's worth going well out of your way for, and the cheekyhalfs are, too!

It's on our list to do. Just need some more vacation and plenty o' cash.

Thanks for the endorsement Humu. We were hoping that a cold summer up north would drive your need to visit the dry, hot desert! you haven't seen this place since it's been tarted up and we still have the giant saguaros that you liked.

Kon-Hemsby, we have been trying to get back to the UK but we've been crazy busy down here. What happened to the tat pictures on your sig? We miss them and you!

See, this is why we put out the invitation to visitors coming through town. We've met so many wonderful people thanks to TC and we really enjoy sharing the Kon Tiki with them.

Wow! I just looked through Humuhumu's pics (didn't see a shot of the bar itself, though. Did I miss it?) and was was utterly amazed. THAT is the REAL look and atmosphere. Talk about being transported!

It's been a long time since I've been to Tucson. I went to Sabino Canyon High (probably called something else now) during the latter half of my Freshmen or Sophomore Year in High School ('81 or '82). I had a blast and loved the people and the city. 'Course now things are probably much different. Still, much better than Phoenix! (No offense to those of you TCers who live in Phoenix; just my own personal taste.)

Anyway, if the sun and warm weather (of which we are well overdue for, here in the miserable, grey, soggy, cold NW) does not appear soon and stay, I may be forced to evacuate temporarily to such a Southern oasis, to regain my inner spirit and vitality.

Hi DJ Terence Gunn,

Here is the one pic we have that shows just a bit of the bar. I suggest you come on down and take a better picture. I can take one for you but I was just trying to give you another excuse to visit our desert oasis. If you're looking for warmth, we hit 92 degrees yesterday!

cheeky half

Aloha & WooHoo Cheeky Half ~ Soccer Tiki and I have been resting up for your visit out here to The Soccer Tiki Grotto. Have you been practicing your WooHoos?

Uh oh. I've been thinking that we need to rest up before we come out there but we've been bustin' bums trying to get ready to vend at a Tempe art show in a couple of weeks. Hopefully we can rebuild up our energy reserves in the two weeks after!

I seem to be in Phoenix today; I'll get down to Tucson in the next couple days, but not sure when as I have relatives to chauffer around.

I can't wait to update my photos of Kon Tiki, but figure taht Sat night is not so good for photography in a crowded bar, so it'll probably be Sunday or Monday.

Hey Jackalope,

Great getting together with you again the other night. Trust you and Ace enjoyed youselves. Did you manage to get any shots of 'The Boat' ?

M&M

Heya you guys long time hope alls well and see ya soon . Jymmy

Any Summer Tiki Get-Together Plans?? We are always looking for an excuse to come out and WooHooo :)

A meet up at the VH and TV again? Great! How 'bout the weekend of September 1st?

On 2007-05-24 16:45, cheeky half wrote:
A meet up at the VH and TV again? Great! How 'bout the weekend of September 1st?

Do we have to wait that long? :(

I'll have to see 'bout some schedule jugglin'. We've got the boy arriving next week and we've got something going with him almost every weekend until Oasis. I'll see what I can do.

ch

Pages: 1 18 replies