Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Free Karate Punch! (mug) GONE!!!!

Pages: 1 5 replies

WATAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

WHat's better than a karate punch (mug)? A FREE one!!!!

That's right, I went down to our local habitat for humanity building materials recycling center looking for wood..er...lumber and they didn't have any. Not one stinkin' 4x4. they did have some pretty doors, though, and some nice commodes. But that's beside the point! Mixed in with the hardware they also had this mug:

It's not a rare mug, and I believe you can still purchase it with it's name brand drink at many japanese barb-b-q restaurants, but this one is FREE!!!! Who cares if it doesn't scream "tiki!!!", it's FREE!!!

WATAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

It's in really good shape and is from the Miyako Hotel in San Francisco:

So...ya wanna know how to get it? All you have to do is be the first person to post in this thread with the correct answer to this 2 part question question:

1. Name the carver who, in 1968, carved a 20 foot tiki out of ponderosa pine that was shipped to Papeete Tahiti.
  2. Name the hotel where said tiki was shipped to

Good luck! buena suerte!

Oh...did I mention that the mug is FREE! to the person that posts the correct answers to the 2 part question that is stated above? (shipping is also FREE!)

WATAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2007-02-06 15:05 ]

T

that was ed crissman and the big guy went to the hotel taharra intercontinental in papeete, tahiti.

i like that mug btw. :)

T

also...ed crissman is the MAN when it comes to modesto tiki. if you ever tour the tiki along mchenry avenue, you will see his work.

karate chop!

WATAHHHHH!!!!! we have a weeeeeeeeener!

Good to see you postin' tikicleen and thanks for the carving info on senor Ed. I've been wanting to attend the many crawls you peeps have done, but just couldn't make it work.
PM your address and I'll get it out to you this weekend!

Thanks for playing! the mug was GONE!!!!!!! in 17 minutes!!!

until next time!

C

Ninja pants stikes again WATAAAAH...ah..ah ah choo
Nice score Cleen!
Chongolio

AND, you can also see one of Ed Crissman's in my back yard. (8 ft. tall)

Pages: 1 5 replies