Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Chiefly Co Tiki Maui

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

I just left Kihei on Sunday after spending a very windy week there. Loved Maui (second trip there). On my last day there I stopped by a market place I believe just across the movie theater and not too far from a pizza place that sells new york style pizza.

while at this little market place (kinda courtyard) I found these little 3 inch $4 black tikis (MADE BY CHIEFLY CO in china Polynesian Tiki Collection with NO writing or inscriptions on them)I fell in love with and ended up buying all 7 versions. unfortunately i picked out 2 of the same (missing the Money tiki). After not being able to snorkle or dive all week it was a little highlight getting these.. but now I'm totally bumbed about the missing one.

I was hoping you could tell me the name of that market place so I can find the lady who sold me them and see if I can buy the missing tiki (or return the extra one and exchange it)

the address of the movie theater across the street is
1819 South Kihei Road, kihei, hawaii

do you know where Im talking about?
ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks!
Fabio

Or does anyone know how I can find the company that makes them so i can order the missing one?

[ Edited by: tikifab 2007-02-06 22:36 ]

Do you have any pictures of those tikis you bought? There are a couple mentions of chiefly products here on TC, but no pictures.

I picked up a pendant a few weeks back:

Only thing that I've ever seen by Chiefly...

Sorry I cannot answer your question about the store: I am a shut in.

Good luck.

Buzzy Out!

T

A Chiefly Moai

This one is from the Polynesian cultural center. It's the only one I have ever seen prior to the one above this post.

T

P.S.

Pizza Express
1819 South Kihei Road Suite D108, Kihei, HI 96753
(808) 891-2002

They may know the name of the shop?

Tikisgrl

T

Hi! thanks for all the responses.
I took pictures of the set I have:

do these look familiar to anyone?
where can i find the missing Money Tiki? they are about 3 to 4 inches tall.

T

is this the place on the map??

?
Im getting close! I might actually get the last tiki! i hope.

Pizza Express
1819 South Kihei Road Suite D108, Kihei, HI 96753
(808) 891-2002

They may know the name of the shop?

Tikisgrl

Hmm those remind me of the ones put out by the KC Company: http://www.kchawaii.com

Hope you find the name of the place! Keep us updated.

T

This just in:

Turns out I'm missing the Long Life Tiki, The Ku (warrior), and the fertility Tiki.
I have the money tiki it just looks different because its the double money tiki.
The 2 headed one to the right.

any word on how to find Chiefly CO online so I can order direct from china?
:)

Pages: 1 7 replies