Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

What is that shiny red star next to my name?!

Pages: 1 19 replies

It's the Four Year Grand Membership status indicator, that's what!

Yes, it's that time of year again ... time to add a new color to the array of Grand Member stars. The color of star next to your name denotes how long you've been a Grand Member. Here's how it works:

• One year
  • Two years
  • Three years
  • Four years

This year I've also added a the actual number of years to the Grand Membership indicator itself. For example, you'll see it says Grand Member (4 years) below my name on my post right here.

As always: Please let me know if you think you have the wrong color star, or if you have any trouble with your Grand Membership status. My Grand Membership programming is more creakier than the planks of a pirate ship, and mistakes happen, all the time.

What is Grand Membership?
For those who don't know, Grand Membership was created as a fun way for those who wish to contribute monetarily to the efforts of keeping Tiki Central running. Being a Grand Member means "I have paid 24 dollars and agreed to the Code of Conduct".

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to Tiki Central in any way, be it asking great questions, posting great answers, moderating and U-Modding, throwing a great Tiki event, advertising on the site, or by becoming a Grand Member. Thanks so much!

Mahalo,

Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2007-02-06 18:47 ]

On 2007-02-06 18:46, hanford_lemoore wrote:
It's the Four Year Grand Membership status indicator, that's what!

Yes, it's that time of year again ... time to add a new color to the array of Grand Member stars. The color of star next to your name denotes how long you've been a Grand Member. Here's how it works:

• One year
  • Two years
  • Three years
  • Four years

This year I've also added a the actual number of years to the Grand Membership indicator itself. For example, you'll see it says Grand Member (4 years) below my name on my post right here.

As always: Please let me know if you think you have the wrong color star, or if you have any trouble with your Grand Membership status. My Grand Membership programming is more creakier than the planks of a pirate ship, and mistakes happen, all the time.

What is Grand Membership?
For those who don't know, Grand Membership was created as a fun way for those who wish to contribute monetarily to the efforts of keeping Tiki Central running. Being a Grand Member means "I have paid 24 dollars and agreed to the Code of Conduct".

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to Tiki Central in any way, be it asking great questions, posting great answers, moderating and U-Modding, throwing a great Tiki event, advertising on the site, or by becoming a Grand Member. Thanks so much!

Mahalo,

Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2007-02-06 18:47 ]

Man, I was confused for a moment there. I was left thinking "Well, if He doesn't know, who among us would?"

Of course this now raises the question "Do you cash your own Grand Member checks?"

O

Cool, I remember the gold stars on my school work. So, can I keep my gold star next year if I chose to?

M

Hmmmm.. I've paid for my grand membership three times, each with a slight lapse between them. Do I go back to a gold star each time?

How do we know when it's time to pay again? Can we use paypal and what's your email for payment. Wendy

P
pablus posted on Fri, Feb 9, 2007 7:57 PM

Red star?

BUNCHA COMMIES!!!!

On 2007-02-09 19:57, pablus wrote:
Red star?

BUNCHA COMMIES!!!!

Speaking of....

What Flags have Yellow, Green, Blue and Red??

Now, if the blue wasn't there...

...then Tiki and Rasta would work!!!

So yellow stars include people who have completed one year, as well as people who are in their first year (hence the title "First Year" instead of "1 Year" to match the "2 Years" etc. of the other years)? I'm trying to find anyone's that says "1 Year" but I can't, so is my assumption correct? In which case, yellow starred sneeches will have a yellow star for two years - the first while they're completing their first year, and one to celebrate their completion of it?

F, waiting for my zazzy Commie star in a few months

On 2007-02-09 00:15, MauiTiki wrote:
Hmmmm.. I've paid for my grand membership three times, each with a slight lapse between them. Do I go back to a gold star each time?

You ask and you shall receive... and just like that I have a blue star!
I'll do my best not to let my membership lapse next time.

THANKS!!

T

Thanks for star instead of saying ... 1st. year probation !! We don't need to go down that road again !!!!

I'm enjoying the blue star... We're the best kind of Sneetch on the beaches!

Star Bellied Sneetches

T

What if you're color blind?

Hanford! My star must be wrong. I've only been able to spell "tiki" for a little more than 1 year.

Love you man, and thanks.

Where's the check go again?

yeah, how do we know when our membership is due?

You'l get a friendly e-reminder that your GM is expiring soon.

Very handy, that Hanford.

looks like the code that assigns red stars is slightly (okay, very) broken. I'll take care of it soon!

cool! i got my green star just in time for st. pattie's day!!!!!!!

On 2007-03-01 22:01, the drunken hat wrote:
cool! i got my green star just in time for st. pattie's day!!!!!!!

Who let this guy in?!

I want a blue Diamond!

Chongolio

P.S they are all after me Lucky Charms

i'll take the pink heart

Are they all magically delicious??

Pages: 1 19 replies