Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Witco bottle holder?

Pages: 1 5 replies

HH

Did witco ever make a bottle case? I found this wooden case ,designed like on the the beatnik king picture, it opens up to reveal a bottle area. It was carved and stained just like a witco too. I think I made out a stamped impression on the bottom "made in spain". I passed on it ($30) just wondering If I passed on a Witco. It was'nt very tiki.

im just a little hawaiian, and a home sick island boy, I wanna go back to my fish and poi...

[ Edited by: hula hula on 2003-01-10 18:52 ]

M

I think the "made in spain" is the answer you are looking for. Glad to help.

MaD-TiKi :evil:

Hey kids! Just because something is or might be Witco (and I am writing a book about it) doesn't mean it can't be crap! Yes, once the book will be out Witco will become MORE collectible, but let your own taste decide if it's cool or not.

Basically all Witco TIKI is cool in my opinion, and most Witco MODERN. But I draw the line at Conquistador and Viking Witco.
Yet, perhaps that is something to discover for the next generation...

And no, Witco never was made in Spain.

On 2003-01-11 10:26, bigbrotiki wrote:
Hey kids! Just because something is or might be Witco (and I am writing a book about it) doesn't mean it can't be crap! Yes, once the book will be out Witco will become MORE collectible, but let your own taste decide if it's cool or not.

How's that book coming along Big Bro???

HulaHula!

Does the item you saw match these?

My set.

"Made In Spain" and number ID on bottom of each piece:

Closeup of carving:

Even though they aren't Witco, I have these displayed on my Witco table and they compliment each other well.

I see small carved boxes and the like made in Spain all the time at the thrift, it seems to be an ongoing style of product made in the region as some appears quite new. It does compliment Witco well.

Pages: 1 5 replies