Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Honolulu Hand Grenade

Pages: 1 6 replies

I am an aspiring tiki bartender/ connosouer. Among severl recipes i have created id like to showcase one in perticular. The honolulu hand grenade. try it and tell me what you think.

1 oz coconut cream
1 oz amaretto
1/2 oz midori
3/4 oz light rum
3/4 oz dark rum
float 1/2 oz brandy
in a wine goblet packed with ice. garnish with a pineapple spear

A

Looks pretty lethal. Perhaps it should have been called a Honolulu Land Mine.:)

Sounds yummy!

How did you get to the Coconut - Midori combination? It sounds very yummy and I will be trying one tonight, I am just curious the path you took to get to that combination. Tell us more about the genisis of the drink.

well being interested in the visual portion of the drink i decided the green and white would make for a cool layered effect before it was mixed.i decided to shake it instead. the midori is very subtle in the mixture but its there mostly for sweetness and color. ive thought of subing orgeat for the amaretto in the future depending on how sttrong i want it to be. in complete honesty i was a few drinks in the hole when i invented it. and it wasnt much past noon.im sure it will need bt more tweeking. any suggestions would be great

The only thing that could be more deadly then this drink is a bite in the neck from a rattlesnake. I can honestly say I was the first person to taste Mr. Robinson's insane potion. Its good stuff. As for you Mr. Robinson, fire in the hole....

Toad

,,sounds like a good one to add to the menu in my home bar,,,The bamboo bunker!!!

AJ, it's Toad, AKA VoodooTrucker13. We gotta hit this drink up again pal. It's been a long time.

Pages: 1 6 replies