Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Group Survey - Should I make these Door Pulls ?

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha Happy Villagers!!

I made these door pulls based on my Hapi Tiki Pendant/Bottle Opener. But I thought
I'd ask the natives if it's worth the trouble to go into production.
The production pieces would be cast in Bronze, antiqued and tumble polished.
The post are 1 inch long and approximately 2.5 apart on center.

Should I do this?

LEMME KNOW M @ MCC

[ Edited by: lolomaleko 2007-02-11 16:38 ]

T

Looks cool, but price to what matters now. What is the price range on those bad boys? And I notice, you will really feel those thing when you go to pull on them.

V

Aloha!

When I first moved back to Hawaii, I made a whole line of bronze drawer/cabinet handles. They ranged from slippers to antheriums to geta to octopi - and all were rather time consuming to produce but (if I may say so) very nice. Sadly - I had to charge quite a bit for them, as they took so long to make and finish. I thought that wouldn't be a problem as there are plenty of high-end houses out here, but it just so happened that a lot of bronze cast handles were coming out of Mexico, China, and India that were a heck of a lot cheaper. Mine may have been nicer - but folks just couldn't justify the cost. So - I now have a big box of octopus handles that will eventually be used in my kitchen when I get around to re-building our cabinets. I guess what I am trying to say is price them as low as you can - as there are a lot of neat metal handles on the market now. I think the design looks great and I wish you luck!

M

Nice! I'd hit em if they were economically sound.

Mahalo

McTiki

S
squid posted on Mon, Feb 12, 2007 9:35 PM

It's hard to read the market but my opinion is....DO 'EM! They look boss! Nice work. Let us know when available.

WooHoo! 2 Thumbs up!! Go for it :)

Go! Go! Go! Go!

Pages: 1 6 replies