Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Bali Hai mugs

Pages: 1 4 replies

I have been trying to reach The "Bali Hai" via thier website for weeks now to find out if they have the reproduction mugs for sale. I'm going to be driving around San Diego next month and thought maybe I could pop in and pick one up. does anyone know what they charge for the new mugs, or is it better to pick up a good vintage on Ebay? Thanks!!!!

Funny that you should ask this! I literally just came back from Bali Hai today after dropping off the wife at the SD Airport.

Yes, these are for sale. $9.00 plus tax. We got a Bali Hai World Famous Mai Tai in a mug for $14.95 ($9.00 for the mug and $5.95 for the alcohol), and 1 Diet coke and 1 Shirley Temple (for my little 3 year old girl). For the sodas, they were no charge with unlimited refills since we purchased and drank right from the mugs themselves at the table.

Great view in the restaurant too, and if you do eat there, Amber S. was our very attentive waitress. It's REALLY good! Fish is the specialty, but even the kids menu cheeseburger was really good and will fill an adult size appetite. It doesn't state it on the menu but all the meals include bread, clam chowder AND salad, so pace yourself, and be ready to roll out of the place since walking was a struggle after eating there.

SugarCaddyDaddy

Last note: We stayed at the Hanalei Hotel in San Diego. Nice, convenient, but check out Humphrey's Inn, about 200 yards from Bali Hai. I will stay there next time. Go check it out. Have fun!

If you want a vintage Bali Hai mug you'll pay for it alright. When you're in San Diego drop into the Bali Hai. You can get a drink in you new mug and it's only like five or six more bucks to keep the mug if I am remembering correctly. Check out the rest of the stops on Shelter island too. Welcome to the board;

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1811&forum=4

-you beat me to the punch SCD-

Spike

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns on 2003-01-11 18:55 ]

Thank you both for the info! I'm going to take the wife by on my way to CA. at the end of the month. I seem to remember eating at somewhere like the Bali Hai during one of my San Diego port calls a few years back, of course I was a little intoxicated and probably ended up in south of the border later that night!

Aquaorama,
When coming to Cali, put up a little alert on TC or shoot me an email at [email protected] - maybe we can meet you for a Mai Tai!

Pages: 1 4 replies