Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

first tiki carving

Pages: 1 5 replies

this is my first carving, i have been lurking for awhile and i finally tried my hand at this. it was a lot f fun, i hope you all like it. thanks
i got a lot of inspiration from this forum, and with more practice i will get better. thanks

C

Cool! an original looking first one! Keep going!

Right on Scooterchef!
Welcome to the TC carving forum.
Great start. Looks like you have #2 all ready to go too.
It looks like you're using planks. What kind of wood is that?

Keep us posted on your progress and never be afraid to ask questions.

Buzzy out!

thanks for the positive feedback, that is one thing i like about this forum. as far as the wood, there is a huge housing boom going on around me. something like 130 new homes, most high end custom stuff, so thise boards are 2x4 and 2x6 yellow pine construction grade scraps. i also scored some nice rough cut 6x6 beams that the were using for exposed beam ceilings, but i am not sure what that wood is. i am going to do a easter island style moai with that. thanks again for the good words.

8T

Glad to have another MO member here !! Welcome. Pretty clever of you to use those lumber scraps to get started. Have fun and be careful. On your first tiki, do the eyes light up? If not I bet you could drill it out make them glow.
That would be cool. Also, good choice for the 6x6 piece. I love the moai style and there are some GREAT ones here on TC. Look around for a lot of pics. Good luck and keep the photos coming.

M

Nice first ! Beware the treated lumbers. The dust can be harmful!

Mahalo and welcome to TC

McTiki

Pages: 1 5 replies