Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

McTiki dabbles in drawing a Tikilogo for shirts.

Pages: 1 3 replies

M

Don't be harsh! I was doodlin.

It will have a Lei around her & the tree! Approx 5" X 3"

Mahalo

McTiki

Nice drawing, I'd prefer her nude but that might not be good for some t-shirt purchasers, heh heh. I know it's just your concept sketch but mixing colored pencil with pen almost always looks worse than doing it another way, like pen over watercolor or photoshop, illustrator etc... The hard edges of the ink outline and the attempt at naturalistic shading with the pencils just doesn't work. I like the ink drawing though.

M

Good input Sneak! Was neer formally trained, so that is something I had never considered before. I'll try it!

Mahalo

McTiki

Mctiki, no problem.
I just kinda' discovered this myself as a friend of mine, who is great at inking/drawing is working on a children's book and has these really great ink outline drawings that were being color-penciled in. When we looked at them it was suddenly obvious that the color pencil/ pen outline just didn't work. She's scanning them now and playing with them in photoshop, and with watered down acrylics. I haven't tried this myself but I think you do a pencil outline of your line, lay down the watercolor semi transparently and after it dries you put the ink lines on top.

Pages: 1 3 replies