Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Looking for a surf or tiki band

Pages: 1 14 replies

T

Does anyone know how to email the Smokin Menehunes or similar surf or tiki band ?Im trying to find someone good for April 28th . Contact me here or [email protected] please . Thanks ,Ray

I zapped your box earthman.

Chongz

D

dont forget The Sand Devils ~ contact kick the reverb

I know about 40 surf bands in the LA/OC area.
shoot me a e-mail with the info for what your doing, and what stlye you want, and I can narrow it down.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TP

try the Maikai Gents
http://www.mkgents.com

aloha

Uh aren't the Maikai Gents up in Sonoma area Nor. Cal.?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

WOOOHOOO! 2 Thumbs up to The Smokin Menehunes :)

T

Thanks to all . I think the Menehunes are going to be available but I couldnt have found them without you all . Hey Jeff , if they cant I will email you . Mahalo to all respondees , Ray

T

I just got the word that the Smokin Menehunes are booked for the show . What show ? Ill have to tell you soon I guess . Keep checking back cause I am getting ready to announce it . I have to attend to a few more details . Thanks again , Tiki-Ray

S

im in a surf/garage band called the creepy creeps! we are in san diego. if your interested you can check us out at http://www.myspace.com/thecreepycreeps we play all over so just let us know, we just played at the lava lounge 2 weeks ago. i will say this though, we are not a mellow surf band, more high performance. but we do bring an amazing dance party for sure! soooo, check out the site and let me know what you think!

T

Thank you sleestack but we just booked the "Smokin Menehunes ". Ill check it out though , Mahalo, Tiki-Ray

TM

Yep, the Smoking Menehunes will be there, and we will have a guest drummer, the mega talented mr. SQUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

On 2007-02-15 07:58, lucas vigor wrote:
Yep, the Smoking Menehunes will be there, and we will have a guest drummer, the mega talented mr. SQUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, maybe. Where is "there" and what is "it"? Has this event been announced or be it a pigment of our amalgamation? And will there be free beer? What is the meaning of life? Do I have clean socks for that night? So many questions. Please help us Tiki Ray.

T

Well, I have some answers and I wasnt going to say anthing till the flyers were done but Im ready to bust and Squid is twisting my arm . I will give a few hints and hide this in this dead spot of my request for a band . If you see this , dont tell anyone ,OK.First, Ive never heard of a free beer in my life ,The meaning of life deals with Tiki's and pinup girls,and Ive never seen Squid wear socks before .
On April 28th ,6pm In Rancho Cucamonga a gathering will take place at Goodfellas bar .People will gather to drink beverages ,chat with old friends ,and view tiki/pinup art .Ive found that people who love tiki's seem to love old style pinup calender art and vice versa . We have 12 vendors and 10 live pinup models.We have artists bringing tiki's, tikiwares, paintings,tiki mags and a few high end pinup art photographers will bring some amazing photographs .Plus we will have a band called the "Smokin Menehunes" playing tunes while 10 or MORE pinup models mingle , sign pics and calenders and give out wrong phone numbers to guys like me.Thats all I can say for now . Ill post it officially as soon as the flyers are complete .And please dont tell Grog because his head will explode when he finds out about the girls , Mahalo, Tiki-Ray

Pages: 1 14 replies