Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Chinese New Year at Chef Shangri-La on March 4th

Pages: 1 8 replies

It's time once again for the Annual Chinese New Year Celebration (Year of the Boar) at the fabulous Chef Shangri-La in North Riverside, IL.
Here's the low down....

Sunday March 4th, 2007

1pm and 4pm Traditional Chinese Folk Dancers, featuring the Youth of the Chinese Mutual Aid Assn. These kids are absolutely fantastic.

6pm and 7:30pm A special Hula performance. Duke and Amy have lined up a couple the "Hula Honeys" who performed at Exotica '05.

There will be a Special Gift for everyone born in the year of the Boar. So come on out and join in the Festivities.

Because the place does fill up every year, we urge anyone who is planning on attending to make a reservation at 708-442-7080

See Ya'll at Chef Shangri-La
D&C
PS. With all the snow we just got, a day a the Chef will be like a day in Paradise!

BaMbOoLoDgE...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

[ Edited by: bamboolodge 2007-03-03 16:34 ]

We'll be there for sure! This is Roger and my year!

We want to let everyone know that our good friend Susan Fong of Chef Shangri-La and a couple of her cooks were involved in a rollover car accident last Friday morning on their way into the restaurant. They were very lucky, as everyone was wearing seatbelts, so no one was seriously injured. There is a lot of bumps and bruises between them and one of the cooks has a fractured wrist. Suzy spent Friday in the hospital for observation and was released on Saturday, and is home taking it easy. We spoke with her yesterday on the phone and she said she feels really lucky that things weren't a lot worse. She also assured us that she's going to take it easy and rest up for the remainder of the week, so she will be ready for the big celebration next weekend. Please send some thoughts and prayers her way!
Thanx,
D&C

..glad to hear they are okay...they are really nice folks.

Damn, that's scary. Best of luck to Suzy and everyone for a full and speedy recovery!

Josh
http://www.whollycatsband.com

Ok, here's an update....

We stopped by the Chef last night to see how Suzy and her cooks are doing, and to check on status of reservations for this Sunday.
The cooks are back to work, and Susan is still home taking it easy. Although she is feeling pretty good, she is staying home until this weekend, resting up for the Big Celebration!
Reservations are filling up fast, especially around 4:00pm, which is the 2nd performance of the Chinese Folk Dancers. This event packs 'em in, so if your planning on attending, and you have yet to make reservations, you can take care of that today by calling 708-442-8070.

D&C

ya mo be there!! got a big table reserved and we're ready to party....so you dopes there!!

T

Damn I wish I could make it. Oh well, have at least 7 drinks for me.

Totally spaced on this one,the times for the Hula Honeys performances were supposed to be 6pm and 7:30pm. Have edited original post to correct times. Sorry!

Pages: 1 8 replies