Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Monkey Pod Paintings-new!

Pages: 1 7 replies

I am getting HIGHLY MOTIVATED in my attempt to find a NICHE for my particular 'skills'--plus its been too COLD in AZ( believe it or NOT...most will NOT ) to carve so I gotback into my painting of thrift shop dishware.....

comments? These ( and many more) may eventually encompass a gallery show of some sort--need a few larger ones to make for a REAL collection...soon come.

T

I love them! What do you plan to do-top them w/ nuts, so the picture gradually surfaces? Very cool idea, I've been picking up way too many thrift shop monkey pod bowls, & your painting makes them unique...

actually...I put wall mount brackets on the back so that people could hang them...you wouldn't wanna wreck the paintings inside with any contents --they are like REAL ART for your tiki bar
I've done about 20 of them and sold 3--the next step is to do REAL PAINTINGs of tiki stuff like a REAL ARTIST but these are pretty fun and you can't beat the shapes...
and OF COURSE they are for sale--for a fairly ridiculous price

[ Edited by: bb moondog 2007-02-19 10:39 ]

BM

OK I realize there are 11 THOUSAND topics on tiki central---but i got a NEW PAINTING DONE!!

this was the initial rough outline..I used an old matte board I had laying around...

..and here is the finish--done an HOUR to display to our Super Bowl crowd

gonna keep up the momentum..also get back to the monkeypods

H
harro posted on Mon, Feb 4, 2008 7:04 AM

wow moondog that's some really cool stuff you've done here!!

I particularly love the one on the right at the very top of this page - the girl is mesmerizing - got any more pics?

cheers.

BM

funny you should ask...

i am trying to get a cartoon into TIKI magazine also..but am in negotiation still & don't
wanna GOOCH anything..its gooched enough as it IS..

MR

Nice stuff. I've been dabbling in the "paint all that monkeypod I never use" world myself. Is it just me or is it a pain in the ass painting inside those things?
Great work, good use of color. They all look very nice.
Cheers.

BM

they require 'finessing' .. lucky most of them are so OLD they haven't had FOOD in them in a LONG time...or EVER.

Pages: 1 7 replies