Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Melintur in Seattle area 3/5 to 3/9 2007

Pages: 1 13 replies

Hey there,

I'll be in training at Symantec's campus in Redmond the week of 3/5 to 3/9, with nothing to do Mon-Thu.

Friday and Saturday night, Tikimama and I will be at Lebowski Fest.

D

i've pm'ed you our phone numbers! we'd be happy to meet up ~ my home bar will have carpet, and that's about it.. we're still in the middle of the unplanned remodel!

D

bump any update on your schedule? classes all day? tiki all night?

will you have a car? or will we just have to rough it at Trader Vic's Bellevue all week long?

M

I have a car! I'm here!

S

is there Thurs night plans?
Where's Dogbytes??? she's in charge of outta towners.
heehee in charge... hehehe
PEa

D

im not in charge..but if i were, i'd suggest NOT hula hula on thursday ~ or go early.
Don't forget this Thursday @ 8pm
You could have it all....
Hawaiian Tropic Bikini contest
Cool drinks, Hunk-0-rola surfer boys

i'll meet up with you guys.. tonight Trader has a class, and i have to drive him (he's only has a learner's permit :wink: )

S

eeeegads, I just saw the myspace post.
Terrence, are you one of the local celebrity judges?
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek
run away!

"The Tiki Review says about the judges

D-way "man extrodinaire who can limbo like Cirque du Soleil"
Lacey " Bodacious Candy with a hint of HOT"
Heather "Delicious and dangerous, could wrestle any aligator"
R-Dino " He makes Jackass look G-rated" "

YUCKA!

M

Okay - dogbytes just now told me I should post that tonight I'm going to hang at the hula hula, due to the festivities on Thursday. I said, Hey - that's a good idea.

So hey, I'm going to hang at the hula hula tonight, due to the festivities on Thursday. Anybody want to join me?

p.s. maybe Vic's on Wednesday?

p.p.s. Tiki bless Lopaka for the bar recommendation. Top Drawer.

M

...at about 8 o'clock tonight @ hula hula, by the by.

On 2007-03-06 16:12, sweetpea wrote:
eeeegads, I just saw the myspace post.
Terrence, are you one of the local celebrity judges?
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek
run away!

Run away is right, Pea! And no, I'm not one of the judges. Apparently, this event was supposed to take place on a Saturday evening (more befitting to the 'Girls and Boys Gone Wild' crowd that is likely to frequent Hula Hula on the weekend evenings, or after a game at Key Arena), but was moved to a Thursday night.

And, incidentally, though I may show up and spin some Lounge & Exotica on the 3rd Thursday of each month (when a respectful and appreciative Lounge & Tiki crowd will be relatively assured), I'm no longer going to be hosting/DJing the previously announced Thursday nights at Hula Hula. There are personal reasons for this decision which I will not post on tikicentral.

S

Sorry I missed last night,
had to work darnit!

Terrence, I think just one Thursday a month is good anyhow, it's too hard to get "our people" out much more than that .
Anyhow, I don't think I can deal with all my drinks being wrong once a week... heh.
Hope they have gotten that all squared away!
Pea

On 2007-03-07 09:52, sweetpea wrote:
Sorry I missed last night,
had to work darnit!

Terrence, I think just one Thursday a month is good anyhow, it's too hard to get "our people" out much more than that .
Anyhow, I don't think I can deal with all my drinks being wrong once a week... heh.
Hope they have gotten that all squared away!
Pea

I couldn't agree with you more, Pea; especially about the drinks. Yeah, the weekly theme night thing is a 'been there, done that' thing for me that I gave up long, long ago. I get burnt out and bored too quickly on things like that; and I simply don't think it would work in this city -- a city where the main nocturnal-dwelling populace is much younger than I, and are more interested -- if only interested -- in hearing hip-hop, downtempo, dance, and indie rock -- all of which I say 'Blech!' to.

As well, doing something at Hula Hula once a month, rounding up the local and visiting ohana to attend, gives the whole thing more of a sense of occasion -- which is more my style.

But with me or without me, I hope the rest of you continue to go to Hula Hula -- even if only once a month.

M

How about Thursday Night at Trader Vic's?

Tonight I think I'll go to Kell's downtown to see a friend's band.

D

whew. good thing i checked TC~ we'll see you thursday at Vics.

Pages: 1 13 replies