From The Kitchen of Trader Joe's Camarillo

3 1/2 cups TJs Buttermilk Baking Mix
2 cups TJs light coconut milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped dried bannana
1 tbsp TJs vanilla paste
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup TJs toasted & chopped macadamia nut pieces

Stir all ingredients together with a wire whisk till smooth, Bake on a lightly greased griddle at about 350 degrees till golden

Servings: 6

Sounds pretty good to me. If somebody tries it please post.

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...

Hey, this recipe sounds greaaaat! I will be testing it very soon. We have a TJs just down the street and go there all the time. I will let you know ASAP!

...Liquidspaceman, over and out

Sounds fantastic! I am a man who loves a good stack of pancakes...

You can do almost the same thing in a blender with fresh bananna. You have to add the milk slowly until you get to the proper consistency then throw the nuts in very last.

TJ vanilla paste? Where have y'all found it in S. FL? Recipe sounds great

On 2007-02-19 11:46, I dream of tiki wrote:
TJ vanilla paste? Where have y'all found it in S. FL? Recipe sounds great

It's all stuff from Trader Joe's. We don't have one in Florida yet. Way back when they would do some mail-order stuff, but I can't find anything like that on thier website now.

I'll look around in my cookbooks and see if I can come up with something we can use while we wait for our very own Trader Joes.

Remember that pancakes are a quick bread which means you DO NOT want your "dough" to have any glutton. Glutton is what makes bread chewy and hard, to avoid creating glutton, only stir your batter enough to mix the ingredients. Excessive stirring or beating the batter makes pancakes tough! I make a "crater" in the middle of my mixed dry ingredients and premix all the liquids, then pour into the crater. I only stir about 15-20 times with a fork, then let it sit in the fridge overnight to absorb the liquid. I know this sounds nuts but anyone who has my pancakes notices the fluffy texture.

Awesome recipe! I am going to try it using a wheat-free pancake mix as the base since my wahine has a gluten intolerance. Thanks!

I

Could one alter the ingredients, to make a mai-tai flavored pancake? Could one pour orgeat as a syrup? Are those proper tiki things to do, or would it be better to simply serve a mai-tai as your accompanying morning beverage, instead of orange juice?

Vern

Hey Bongofury, utopiandreem made the pancakes this weekend & they turned out great.

thanks

T-Bird.

B

Thanks Tiki Bird! We'll give it a try soon......

Ooh Tiki pancakes, I want everything Tiki, pancakes and all.

Pages: 1 11 replies