Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

3 Better Basement Kahuna Pieces For Sale- Now!!

Pages: 1 8 replies

I had sort of stowed away these pieces after Hukilau (mainly because I really like them personally!) but I need to sell them now to help with travel expenses I have coming up very soon. The first is a pair of 7 1/2-foot half-round Cali/Marquesan "Aloha" entranceway poles. These have a very nice, almost Disney style polychrome and stain finish. They are about 12 inches in diameter. Carved from better quality Basswood. I'll take 1400 for the pair. The pictures don't even begin to do them justice. The second is an Akatara, a large, serrated weapon of the Cook Islands and Tahiti. 6 1/2 feet long, and carved in black walnut (left in the photo on the yellow shag!). This was one of my "keeper" clubs that went to the Haole Tiki and was returned to my custody through a re-purchase by a friend after it's demise. There is a similar example in the book "Night Of The Tiki". Anyone who has seen this club will attest that it is one of my best early pieces. It is carved from the clearest, straightest, largest piece of old-growth black walnut I ever owned and it's the best Akatara I've yet carved! Lots of TLC and stories in this one. The largest of Oceanic clubs. I'll take 450 for it (I couldn't carve one for that now!) The third item is one of my "Ye Minors Beware" signs...A little bit of that Donn Beach flavor that keeps the sneaky teenyboppers away, I'll take 85.00 for it. Please PM me here on TC if you would like any of these goodies and we can work out a pickup time or shipping. Aloha! BK

"Ye Minors" Sign on the bottom is sold!

Tikis are sold.

Akatara still available, so don't be shy!

to whoever picked up the poles, congratulations on a great score. Who wouldn't
want to have'em!

M

Beautiful stuff as always BK!!!

Thanks, all...When I told Nikki the poles were sold, she said "Aww...I kinda hate to see them go!" But that's why I do it, and it's good to know more of my things are out there among the fold. Only my Akatara remains from this lot, and I originally carved it as a keeper, so I may end up claiming it once again! JTD and Puamana-Mahalo, and enjoy the pieces!

It's all gone! Thanks everyone, and aloha!

All great stuff.

After seeing the poles last fall in person, someone got a great score on that purchase. Same with the other items.

BK's work is magic, he's ahead of his time.

Congrats to all involved!

Pages: 1 8 replies