Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

post-Voodoo 2 gathering at Trader Vic's Beverly Hills this Sat! Feb 17th

Pages: 1 10 replies

Humu and I are in the LA area for the recording of Voodoo 2! We're planning on hitting the Trader Vic's in Beverly Hills to get some more quality time in it before it goes away. I think a few other TCers may join us, too. We're hoping to make it there by 7:00. Come on out, we hope to see you there!

~Hanford

Atomic Cocktail and I are planning on being there! I think there may be other out-of-towners floating about that might make it there too. There's some cool photos from Digitiki in this thread of the studio set-up for the recording:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=22428&forum=11&start=15
Can't wait to hear the stories!

[ Edited by: vintagegirl 2007-02-17 12:49 ]

P

I think I will be able to make it to Trader Vic's this eventing, too. See you there.

Is this drinks and appetizers, or a sit down meal?
Adam and I might be able to join! : )

In favor of economics, we're just gonna do drinks. But I don't know about the rest.

H

Holy crap, what a great night! That was by far the best time I've ever had at the Beverly Hills Trader Vic's, and it was so great to get to share it with a ton of dear friends. What a great surprise to see so many familiar faces. I only took a few pics with my camera, but I know there were others around. I'll try to get mine posted quickly after we get home.

P

I missed this thread, but happened to be there from the "Save Traver Vic's 90210" planning get-together thread. What a surprise to find out that the planets had aligned and these two TC "contingents" came together at the same place, at the same time. Got to meet so many more great TC'ers, albeit too briefly for some.

When I first got there...other than a couple of us...the place was packed with black-suited Hollywood lawyer-types. Was so glad to eventually see the Retro and Aloha shirt crowd finally surpassed their numbers and put some class into the place. :wink:

This was a great night!
Excellent crowd of great people.

There were a lot of people there, but somehow, the same half dozen kept appearing in my photos.... probably the ones in my immediate vicinity after drink #3.

A priceless shot, could be a Clairol ad, tres bobs, one of each, a full house, yes, we all like it.
Now let's do a re-take...

That's a better shot!
A gang of three...

But wait, there's more!
Yes, apparently long locks are legal here!
A gang of four lovely ladies...

"one of these things is not like the others,
one of these things just doesn't belong..."
A gang of five?

The elusive Mig, mercurial man about town(s), friend to all - and yet seldom seen... probably because he showed up after everyone else left!

Deeee-lish!
(and the drink looks good too!)

Drink #3!

[ Edited by: tikibars 2007-02-21 12:44 ]

Wow, this wins for most bobs in a thread!

Great pictures James!! Thanks for posting.

I don't think it gets much better than Robert Drasnin, Trader Vic's and Sven's house all in one weekend!!!

Thanks everyone for a GREAT time!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Hey! It's Dick Martin!

Pages: 1 10 replies