Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Tiki Bar One Night Stand

Pages: 1 7 replies

Here are some pixs of my tiki bar made out of a futon frame. I call it the FUBAR. I set this up for one night only for my friends at EPIC Arts (my friendly neighborhood Art Center) for their anniversary blowout. I don't have a bar set up at home, so it's actually still hosted at Epic Arts. The bar top could use alittle Murphy's Oil, but If you're ever in Berkeley and need a really good Mai Tai fix, let me know & I'll meet you at the bar. Closed on Tuesdays.

Pixs from the event

Pixs after the event

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/4152/45d6bfbe.jpg[/img
[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/4152/45d6ac8c.jpg)

[ Edited by: unklefun 2007-02-17 00:49 ]

MAN, Unklefun!

If that's what you throw together for a temporary bar, I can't wait to see what you do with a permanent bar in your own home!! Great job!!

F

That's cool. I had a futon frame just like that once and always wondered what I should do with it. Nice work.

If you don't mind, I'm going to put a link to this thread on the Tiki-On-A-Budget thread.

Did you ever find out why your friend ended up with Otto's camera?? last year.........

Cool Fubar!!!!

Next time I'm up. will be buggin..

U

On 2007-02-17 19:20, RevBambooBen wrote:
Did you ever find out why your friend ended up with Otto's camera?? last year.........

Cool Fubar!!!!

Next time I'm up. will be buggin..

That guy you asked in question was a ex co-worker at the Eastbay Express free weekly, not a friend. At the time when I recovered the camera from him said he was drunk and mistake the camera for his, even though they didn't look nothing alike. I also made him reimburse Otto for the cost of recovering photos from the camera since he erase them. I haven't seen that idiot since the ordeal. It was a good thing you took a photo of the guy, that was the break in the case. Let me know when your in town, we'll have to have a few cocktails.

nice furniture recycle! I look forward to seeing you come up with your home bar!

K

Here's to you ingenuity,creativity, and craftsmanship...Enjoy!
:drink:
K.

RB

The "FUBAR"...quite possibly one of the best names I've heard in a long time. Thanks for making me laugh out loud!

Pages: 1 7 replies