Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Trying to recall name of headhunter movie

Pages: 1 5 replies

I hope the Ohana can help me out on this one.

I am trying to find out the name of an old movie, that they used to run from time to time on AFRTS (Armed Forces Television), in Japan back in the 1970s.

The movie was B/W and made sometime in the 50s to early 60s. It was about a man somewhere in South America, who is waiting for his young son (around 10 or so) to arrive by plane. However, the plane crashes in the jungle, and the only survivor is the boy, a blond-haired lad who survives (I seem to recall the plane crew used a coffin, that the plane was transporting, as an escape pod for the boy). The boy is found by a headhunter tribe, who treats him as a god (because of his hair color). However, one medicine man detests the boy, who constantly carries around a stuffed, toy jaguar he had with him on the plane.

At the end of the film, the father is searching for the boy, while the medicine man decides to kill the boy and is chasing him thru the jungle. He finally corners the boy, but then the toy jaguar turns into a real one and kills the headhunter. The boy escapes and finds dad. End of movie.

I've looked on Imdb and Googled it, but with no luck. If anybody would know this obscure film, it would be one of you fine folks.

Try in IMDb (Internet Movie Database). Select "Keyword" under Search and type in "Head Hunter" to get the list of movies with that keyword, or "Jungle Boy," etc. After doing this I'm planning on watching Gow the Killer as soon as I can find it.

P

I think I know the one you are talking about. It is called "Terror In The Jungle" or something like that. Annoying movie... the kid just cries all the time.

"Gow The Killer" is aka "Cannibal Island" (I think). I am not recalling exact titles all that well.

I think that's it! Thanks so much. But it looks as if I were of by around 10 years for the release date.

Mahalo!!!

On 2007-02-19 17:12, PiPhiRho wrote:
I think I know the one you are talking about. It is called "Terror In The Jungle" or something like that. Annoying movie... the kid just cries all the time.

"Gow The Killer" is aka "Cannibal Island" (I think). I am not recalling exact titles all that well.

I'll keep an eye out for both titles. Is it as cool as it sounds?

K
Kono posted on Tue, Feb 20, 2007 3:24 PM

Gow The Killer is on Amazon.

Pages: 1 5 replies