Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

How do you hang a ukulele on the wall?

Pages: 1 6 replies

E
Erika posted on Sun, Feb 18, 2007 7:14 AM

What's the best way to hang a uke on the wall so that you can easily take it down and put it back up? (And without putting stress on any place that's going to harm the instrument.)

Mahalo for any advice!

A simple wire loop around the outside (top) tuning pegs, so that the body is hanging (downward) works at our hale. Assuming that it's a small uke, the instrument should be light enough so that it won't pull on the pegs.

But offer the uke "a few last chords", before hanging, in case it's neck snaps and the head rolls off somewhere.

I made this way back when out of some pine blanks that I carved with some cheap chisels. I then glued and screwed it together and torched it. It has been keepin' my lil Uke safe and sound for years and was pretty easy to make.

You can also follow Manitoba Hal's lead and make an ukulele shelf out of a pallet.
Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

what was that yellow handled thing he was using in step 2 ??

On 2007-02-18 17:48, RevBambooBen wrote:
what was that yellow handled thing he was using in step 2 ??

Ask Grog he may know. It look like some kinda neolithic tool of some sort.

Chongolio

SS

I tied loops at both ends of a brown leather bootlace and looped these ends around the top two tuning pegs, then hung the ukulele from a old-fashioned square nail that you can find in the hardware department at Home Depot. This gives it a real beachcomber look.

Pages: 1 6 replies