Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Good Cocktails To Go With Cigars?

Pages: 1 21 replies

Any suggestions?

Mojitos, of course, and any good sipping rum like Zaya or Pyrat XO.

And if you want to go beyond the Tiki coktails, good cognac or single malt scotch is always a good bet, even a nice aged bourbon. I have been known to enjoy a cigar with a martini as well.

I can't say I've had those rums but I will give it a try. Yeah, I usually do a nice cognac with my cigars but decided to try to venture out to see what other drinks people like to enjoy a cigar with!

P

In addition to those already mentioned...a good Port is a nice accompaniment to a fine cigar.

P

Oh, yes, how could I have forgotten port. I just joined the Prager port club, too. Prager (St. Helena, Napa Valley) makes some of the best ports I have ever had. Pricey and hard to get, but worth every penny.

What kind of cigars do you guys enjoy? Any specific brands?

P

If you can get one the Montecristo #2 is consistently one of the finest cigars I have ever smoked. I am referring to the real Cuban Montecristo. It's Dominican brother is not bad either but the Cuban is amazingly good. Avoid Romeo Y Julietas of any contry of origin (but especially the Cubans), which consistently make me sick. They are way too strong and are strictly for the experienced cigar smoker. For the Cubans, Montecristo, Cohiba and Hoyo de Moneterey are the ones to look for.

For the more legal and easy to get variety, I have always enjoyed Macanudos, CAO, La Gloria Cubana (Dominican), Santa Damiana, Ghurka, Partagas and Nat Sherman. Diamond Crown and Pleiades (if you can find them) are nice but too overpriced for what they are. I have not seen a Pleiades for years, though, so they may not be available any longer. La Unica is nice for an inexpensive cigar.

For flavored cigars, the Tatianas are very nice and have some interesting flavor combinations.

P

Oh, yes, how could I have forgotten port. I just joined the Prager port club, too. Prager (St. Helena, Napa Valley) makes some of the best ports I have ever had. Pricey and hard to get, but worth every penny.

Wow. I'm impressed. Not too many people that have ever heard of Prager.

Have you ever been in person? Talk about a hole-in-the-wall! It's a hoot and totally unlike any other winery visit you'll ever have. If you go, you better not be afraid of spiders (or at least their webs). :wink:

Prager makes some very interesting and wonderful Ports. Sort of the "insiders" Port maker up in Napa. You certainly don't hear them mentioned publicly all that often. But they do have a "web" site now...so perhaps they're looking to be a bit more visible?

http://www.pragerport.com/

:)

P

Glendronnach.
3 ounces with 2 ice cubes.

Rusty Nail with Ardbeg 10...the cigar will be less smokey than the bevvy

P

On 2007-02-20 14:32, PremEx wrote:
Wow. I'm impressed. Not too many people that have ever heard of Prager.

Have you ever been in person? Talk about a hole-in-the-wall! It's a hoot and totally unlike any other winery visit you'll ever have. If you go, you better not be afraid of spiders (or at least their webs). :wink:

Oh, yeah. Been there a few times. The last time was in 2005 and the first in 1990. Great place. I may even stay at their B&B one day.

I know you are allowed to smoke cigarettes in the Tiki Ti, anyone here know if you are allowed to smoke pipes and cigars too. Any smokers here, why not post a list of some good tiki bars where smoking is permitted. (I don't know because I don't smoke)

Find your self a tiki bar that you can smoke in, bring your favorite cigar and have a professional make your cocktail.

A fine cigar with a Mojito is my personal favorite.

P

On 2007-02-23 04:51, captnkirk wrote:
I know you are allowed to smoke cigarettes in the Tiki Ti, anyone here know if you are allowed to smoke pipes and cigars too. Any smokers here, why not post a list of some good tiki bars where smoking is permitted. (I don't know because I don't smoke)

Find your self a tiki bar that you can smoke in, bring your favorite cigar and have a professional make your cocktail.

Cigarettes, pipes, cigars are all a big 10-4 at Tiki Ti. Mike Sr. himself has been known to indulge in a cigar or two while between mixing drinks. I have indulged in a fine cigar with my Ray's Mistake on multiple occasions. Wish I were there right now.

P

A fine cigar with a Mojito is my personal favorite.

You'll get no objection from us! Here's a shot of Holly and I enjoying Cuban Havana Club Mojitos and Cuban Cohiba cigars at La Casa del Habano Cigar Lounge at the Sheraton Hong Kong.

So good. :)

R

I have to go with the flow on this one and agree that cigars do go well with Mojitos but I have also found them enjoyable with a good Navy Grog. You know Soccertiki and I will be lighting them up at Tiki Oasis again this year.

My personal favorite is a Carlos Torano Casa Torano Churchill and a snifter of Grand Mariner. Bookers small batch whiskey is a nice alternative as is a Bombay Sapphire Martini.

It all comes down to what you like.........

Enjoy!

MM

Lots of great suggestions here.

I like La Gloria Cubana Serie R quite a bit. Great with a nice tawny port like Graham's or Sandeman 20-year, Rittenhouse rye whiskey, or a good sipping rum like Pyrat XO.

F

So this is an old thread, but Tiki has grown with the Beachbum opening a bar (who else is trying to book travel to New Orleans???) so who drinks what tiki cocktails with strong cigars (Oliva Serie V, My Father, Diesel)? What Cigars are best with each... in a hot tub?

On 2015-01-01 20:24, faitrob wrote:
So this is an old thread, but Tiki has grown with the Beachbum opening a bar (who else is trying to book travel to New Orleans???) so who drinks what tiki cocktails with strong cigars (Oliva Serie V, My Father, Diesel)? What Cigars are best with each... in a hot tub?

I apologize that I can't give an intelligent reply to your post. I don't smoke cigars. Well, I've had two. first was in high school and I got violently ill (sad!). The other was last week. No idea what it was. I imagine it may be fun to smoke and have a tiki drink. Although I have to imagine it may ruin your palette between sips!

On 2015-01-01 20:24, faitrob wrote:

I don't think tiki drinks would complement any cigars, really, except perhaps a flavored cigar. too much fruit juice.

let me amend by adding- if at a smoker's-friendly tiki bar, i would stick with an aged rum neat as companion to a cigar...

[ Edited by: thePorpoise 2015-01-04 10:33 ]

Not just tiki drinks, but pretty much all cocktails. If served with anything it is just an aged spirit.

Pages: 1 21 replies