Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Rare Tiki Illuminati convergence

Pages: 1 11 replies

In a rare meeting of schedules of various individuals, I was privileged to welcome several out of town and out of state ambassadors of Tiki in my humble abode this Sunday. Not only were they in L.A., but I was not working in Europe, either!

From left to right:

Jeff "Central" Chenault, Exotica and menu collector, -Columbus, Ohio
Christie "Tiki Kiliki" White, The Hukilau, -Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Hanford Lemoore, Tiki Central, -San Francisco, California
Michelle "Humu Humu" Whiting, Critiki, Ooga Mooga, Humu KonTiki, -San Francisco, California
James Teitelbaum, Tiki Road Trip, -Chicago, Illinois

Their ranks were completed by locals Jeff Berry, Kevin Kidney, Jody Daily, and King Kukulele. Would there be an Anti Tiki terrorist group, one well placed missile could have delt a serious blow to the Tiki movement this Sunday evening. Luckily, the parrothead spies must have been busy elsewhere. :wink:

This was an evening to be remembered, thank you all for coming.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2007-02-19 13:39 ]

That sounds like a great night Big Bro, any more pictures?

Looks more like the Tiki-nautii to me.

G

Okay... so you had all the Ambassadors of Tiki together for one magical night. What did you do then? Play poker? Scrabble? Or maybe, just maybe, you put your heads together and plotted a plan for the glorious rebirth of classic tiki restaurants and bars across the country.

Or... maybe you just turned on the tube because American Idol was on.

very impressive - It's nice to see the all the faces that go with the names! Thanks for posting. Let's see more pics! please...

Ahhh, I see the machinations of the Bavarian hand working behind the scenes... More specifically, it's taking the picture.

O

Nice lighting Big Bro Tiki, great picture. I would love to see more.

I didn't take that many pictures that night, I was busy being the host, but maybe, once they are settled in back home, some of the other folks will find time to post pics (if they took some). I am glad I got the group one off.

Then, of course, cute babies always make one pull out the camera:

King and Princess Kukulele

What an amazing time!! Sven, you and Naomi were the best hosts! The evening was wonderful and spending it with the folks that arrived made it even better!

I'm proud to say I was one of the last 5 to leave at around 1am - what a night!

Thank you once again Sven - I'll try to post some pics soon!

[i]
Would there be an Anti Tiki terrorist group, one well placed missile could have delt a serious blow to the Tiki movement this Sunday evening. Luckily, the parrothead spies must have been busy elsewhere. :wink:

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2007-02-19 13:39 ]

This is why I rarely frequent Tiki Events! Theys out there I tells ya!

http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

K

Dang! All those tiki A-listers under one roof!

Pages: 1 11 replies