Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

300 ft of bamboo -FREE!! just gotta come and get it!!

Pages: 1 11 replies

I received a call today from a woman who bought a house 12 years ago in the chicago area.....apparently it had a full tiki bar in the basement and all four walls are covered in bamboo......she said it's about 300 ft of the stuff, mostly 6 ft lengths....they want to get rid of it cause they are going to remodel......if no one claims it, it's just going to be thrown away in a dumpster. She claims there are no other tiki artifacts and that all they have is the bamboo......I have no need for all that bamboo but would hate to see it go to waste, so if anyone lives in the chicago area and would like me to put you in contact with her let me know.....I am going over there saturday to inspect the room and possibly grab a couple or so sticks of bamboo for small projects.......i'll report back saturday afternoon sometime.....

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2007-02-21 17:24 ]

Dave,

Sent you a PM... count me in for a bunch!

What tools do we need to take it down?

Send me a PM back.

Mahalo!

Wow.

And this wasn't even half of it.

I'd say if that basement didn't have more boo than Hala Kahiki it came pretty damn close to it.

I wonder how much that much boo cost back in the day?

Gonna be pulling nails for a while, but I've got enough boo to build Gilligan's hut! :wink:

Nice score! What are your plans for your stash?

Josh

Dunno yet. All kinds of stuff. :)

Needs a good washing off though.

On 2007-02-28 21:46, Lake Surfer wrote:
I've got enough boo to build Gilligan's hut!

Let me know if Ginger needs a place to stay in the mean time!
Enjoy it Lake!

Man, oh, man...has that nice, smoky old patina, too. You can't duplicate that. Good score.

Dang! Is there any left?

I need some!!!! Let me know how I can get it!

All spoken for or taken.

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2007-03-01 13:20 ]

Is that just the cutest old door or what little buddies?! Just couldn't leave it behind-I'll make a fake doorway if I have to just to use it.
Gonna to open up the shadow box, take out the ducks and replace with some of my collected tiki pendants and then re mat it.
Thank-you tipsy and Dave! I've been waiting for several years to be able to finish off the rest of my lounge.

Pages: 1 11 replies