Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Central and Sturgis

Pages: 1 2 replies

MD

So me and about six of my fellow greasy knuckled middle aged drunken nut cases are headed north in late July. All of us on motorcycles and looking to explore every saloon and burger joint in Eastern Wyoming and the Black hills. I grew up around Deadwood and Lead so I am the traveling map for this group of yahoos. We are going the week before the rally and have rooms booked in Deadwood and beers on order at the Bodega.
Well...thats the plan. Right now I'm lookin' at a bare frame and a pile of XS650 parts on my bench I have to put back together. No worries...it'll happen.

And Yeah...I know...South Dakota and tiki are almost polar opposites. Although there is the Oasis bar in Sturgis that has been there forever. Maybe a left over from the heyday of tiki.

But...if'n any of you are headed up around the Days of 76' rodeo or the rally let me know and we'll get together. Maybe if we get a few of us we could make night of trying to find a Deadwood bartender who has even heard of a Mai Tai. Maybe talk them into brewing us up an interesting Zombie or two.

Fruit and liquor in the Black hills are like farts in church to them. Just aint Kosher....but what the hell. We'll be paying happy drunks. And they always want our money.
Leavin' July 27th....

Mahalo.....Mr. Dale

HOT Damn, that's sounds like something I would love to do. Depends on my finances though. Old West Deadwood (The HBO series was awesome, now planning a movie) and Tiki. Who cares if there's no Tiki. AHHH!, the smell of beer-soaked wood-floor saloons, bikes, and the Old/New West, sounds good ta meee! Do it Dale, do it.

I love the picture in my mind of a bunch of big hairy bikers getting "girl drink drunk."

Just watching the bartenders' faces when you ask for the paper parasol to go in your fruity sweet rum drink - that alone makes me want to join y'all.

(It takes a real man, secure in his masculinity, to order these. Not for sissies, these so-called froo-froo drinks.)

Tiki to Live, Live to Tiki
F

Pages: 1 2 replies