Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

My Official Announcement *WE MADE IT!!!*

Pages: 1 27 replies

On March 1st, my family and I are removing ourselves from the frozen tundra of West Allis, Wisconsin and relocating to the sunny beaches of Port Saint Lucie, FL! There are lots of reasons; crime, taxes, and weather being primary ones, but really it's just because we wanted too. My wife and I are at a point in our lives where we want to be where we're going to be. Does that make sense? I don't want to cut on Wisconsin, because it's a great place with a lot of great people. It's where I grew up and I will always love it. But sometime in the next few years we will be buying another house and that one will be the one we grow old in. So all things being equal, we wanted to be somewhere warm and near family. So, Florida, here we come! Wish us luck!

Now, where's my uke...

My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth...

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2007-03-03 08:25 ]

Wow...March 1st! That doesn't give us much time to throw a going away party...
so it's ONE MORE REASON to get my ass to Florida. Wisconsin's loss in Tiki will
definitely be Florida's gain. Good Luck Finky Family.

Looks like you'll be seeing more of the Wizard (Benz).

That's a plus for Fla. Good luck finkdaddy!

Good luck with your move!
And welcome to Florida!! I hope you enjoy Port St Lucie. It's very pretty over there. You'll certainly be closer for the next Hukilau, isn't that convenient?!?
Hope to cross paths soon,
K.

H
hewey posted on Sat, Feb 24, 2007 4:52 PM

Looking forward to seeing the pics of the new tiki bar construction!

Good luck with it all mate

Hewey

Does this mean you'll be closer to me? :)

HK

That's great news, Fred! Maybe we'll see you at The Mai Kai on the 9th???

If not, I'm sure we'll get a chance to hang out sometime soon. Good luck with the move!

Josh

Conga, thanks man! When you come down to visit there will be an extra room for you. Just make sure you bring a drum and that bamboo sax. :wink:

Jungle Trader, I should see more of Benz since we'll only be 10 blocks apart! I can't wait to see how knowing him will effect my art.

Kikekeki, I think we'll like it. And you're right, the Hukilau will be very close. :)

Hewey, new bar plans are already in place. The Leeward Lounge will live on! Since I am a lot closer to you now I expect to see you at all my parties.

Josh, we have to hang out soon! There's a good chance we'll see you on the 9th, assuming our place has settled down a bit. Will you be playing my song? :wink:

HK

I think the real question is will YOU be playing your song? You're more than welcome to grab the mic!

J

L
Loki posted on Tue, Feb 27, 2007 6:11 AM

Fink...congrats on the move...its finally happening...now you can teach me some lessons on bone carving one on one. You know you are always welcome down in Boca for some carving. Were just an hour and twenty south of ya.

The FL Ohana is getting better all the time.

K

SUNNY BEACHES!!! Awsome, news Fred!

Be ready to sing your tune on the 9th when you come down to the Mai-Kai (you GOTTA make it, man -- it's a great way to celebrate your new adventure).

Aloha.
T

cool! yet another reason to make the trek south! :D

Welcome to the Sunshine State, Fink! you have my address and phone #; you're welcome anytime.

J
JTD posted on Tue, Feb 27, 2007 6:25 PM

Finky,
Good luck with the move. Am looking forward to having you as a neighbor. Try not to spend too much time hangin' out at Benz garage.

JTD

P

Welcome, finkdaddy.
See you soon. I'm planning on making the trek to the Mai Kai on the 9th as well.

*On 2007-02-25 07:08, finkdaddy wrote:*Jungle Trader, I should see more of Benz since we'll only be 10 blocks apart! I can't wait to see how knowing him will effect my art.

He has already effected your art, I've seen his influence in your work. I do understand what your saying, more so once your there. Just make sure you have a hurricane room/basement.

heh, heh...he said basement.

Pablus - Get those vocal cords of yours warmed up - we're putting you to work, baby! Are you up for it?

Josh

On 2007-02-27 23:52, Haole Kat wrote:

yeah, Cali guy here. As I was writing that, I forgot what you guys call them. Tiki room? HA!

J
JTD posted on Wed, Feb 28, 2007 12:51 PM

JT,
Sad part is we don't call 'em anything. Florida's so flat and low, hardly anybody's got one. Lord knows I could use one for a tiki room.

JTD

B

I'm Really looking forward to this move, Especially since you are moving SO Close to my house(several blocks?). CAn't wait, Holler if you need anything, I'll find somebody to get it! Joking of course.:):):)

Are you here yet???

F

Hey everyone, we made it! :D There's still a ton of unpacking to do and our AC is broken, but we're in our new house now. We love it! It's a beautiful home and I can't wait to mess it up with all my tiki stuff. :) I've already had a couple of visits from Benzart. I'm hoping the next couple of times we get together will involve carving! Thank you everyone who's responed here, you've made us feel very welcome. Sometime soon I'll have to make a journey around the state and see all of you. To the Haole Kats and Pablus, I'm planning on being at the Mai Kai on the 9th, unless something gets in the way like a pesty old job or something. :wink: J$, you'd better come down and visit!! Now, back to work for me.

F

C

congrats on the move FinkyFamily....when I finally get my butt back to Florida
i'm gonna look you up. Forget about unpacking and get back to making some cool
tiki stuff....

HK

Welcome! See you next week!

Josh

K

On 2007-02-28 07:16, Jungle Trader wrote:

On 2007-02-27 23:52, Haole Kat wrote:

yeah, Cali guy here. As I was writing that, I forgot what you guys call them. Tiki room? HA!

"basement" what's that?!? Actually, we are too far below sealevel. Someone dug a hole for a basement, and got a pool instead!
:lol:

Welcome to Florida, Finky Family!
:drink:

Ok, now you need to officially change your location to Florida on you id spot...

I suppose if your a/c has to be broken, this is the time of year for it :)

Glad you're here...
...now hit the beach-- before you realize that this is winter for us and only tourists go to the be in the winter-- damn snowbirds...

See ya around,
K.

edited for'humor'

[ Edited by: kikekeki 2007-03-03 11:11 ]

Ok, now you need to officially change your location to Florida on you id spot...

Funny, I didn't even think of that! :lol: It seems very strange not to say I'm from Milwaukee. Wierd.

Thanks Kikekeki, I hope to see you soon.

F

H

Congratulations, Finkdaddy! I'm so excited for you, I know you've been dreaming and daydreaming about this sort of change for a while now. I'm sure it's going to be a great new life for you & your family, and I can't wait to hear details about your settling in and exploring and building and everything.

Fink, congrats on the move to the Sunshine State! I know this is what you wanted!

Did you happin' to donate your snow shovels to your former Wisconsin neighbors! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you and your family enjoy your new home!

Best of luck!

sandz

J

Congratulations, I'm jealous as can be, but I excited that one of us frozen people made it out. From here a broken A/C doesn't sound like an issue- it was 1 F this morning, don't you miss it?

JP

Pages: 1 27 replies